Do I have a parasitic drain?

Hi all, my 2010 Silverado WT 4.8L with a new battery will go flat in around 4-5 days and will not start without a jump.

If I start it everyday or every other day, no issue.

When charged, the battery reads around 12.34V+/- and with engine running around 14.5-14.7V.

I did an amperage draw with a multimeter with everything shutoff and I get a 1.4-1.5A draw.

Before I start to pull fuses one by one, is this a normal amp draw for a stripped down vehicle like my WT?

No power anything. Just the ECU.

Your thoughts.

Ok let me add this to my topic.

There is an on/off switch in my upper console that is there for a roof beacon light should I chose to utilize it.

I do have the Snow Prep Pkg.

The small amber light in the rocker switch  will go on if I press the switch.

I just noticed that it had been left on.

Would this small light be the cause for the amp drain?

It is so small, it could be un-noticed.

A vehicle equipped with RPO VYU (Snow Plow Provision Package) or TRW (Provisions For Roof Mounted Lamp) may not have the roof beacon light connected. If the customer were to inadvertently press the roof beacon switch to the on position the roof beacon indicator will illuminate on the switch. If the ignition is turned off and the beacon switch is left on a battery draw (140-180 Ma) will occur. The roof beacon switch indicator will no longer illuminate when the key is turned off however the roof beacon relay is still energized. It's suggested that the roof beacon switch be turned off before turning the ignition off to avoid a battery drain.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

13 hours ago, tbarn said:

A vehicle equipped with RPO VYU (Snow Plow Provision Package) or TRW (Provisions For Roof Mounted Lamp) may not have the roof beacon light connected. If the customer were to inadvertently press the roof beacon switch to the on position the roof beacon indicator will illuminate on the switch. If the ignition is turned off and the beacon switch is left on a battery draw (140-180 Ma) will occur. The roof beacon switch indicator will no longer illuminate when the key is turned off however the roof beacon relay is still energized. It's suggested that the roof beacon switch be turned off before turning the ignition off to avoid a battery drain.

Please follow this diagnostic or repair process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

Thank you for responding.

I think I understand what you wrote.

Based on your experience, do you feel that a battery draw of 140-280 Ma is enough to drain a new battery in 4-5 days?

I can’t seem to get an answer to this.

• The battery run down time will vary depending on the batteries reserve capacity. If the reserve capacity is higher, then the battery run down time may be longer. If the reserve capacity is lower, then the battery run down time may be shorter. The graph below indicates roughly how many days a 690 cold cranking amperage battery with a 110 min. reserve capacity starting at 80 percent state of charge will last with a constant current draw until it reaches 50 percent state of charge. Differences in battery reserve capacity and temperature will affect the results.

Current Drain

Days

25 mA

50 mA

75 mA

100 mA

250 mA

500 mA

750 mA

1 A

2 A

Intermittent Draws