Android Auto - Screen Mirroring - non rooted and rooted

- Spare phone needs to be rooted, I used Magisk

- install Android Auto from Play store. Tab on Version 10 times to enable developer mode. Under developer setting, change to developer and enable unknown source

- install Screen2auto found on xda. Launch the app, click setting and unlock, grant root access

You are golden! 

I plan on installing my new dashcam and use the rear camera behind the front grill as a park assist. 

For internet access. I connects the spare to my main phone hotspot. I have 40gb of hotspot so I'm putting it to good use.

Edited by CrawlSlow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I been wanting to upgrade my head console to include home link, just for the button to open my garage. After some research, I figured it would be to much headache. Instead, I went with a wifi garage opener and linked it to my spare phone which I can open in Android Auto via voice command.  😅  

Device cost under $30 shipped.

Lomota Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener Remote, Tuya Smart Life APP Control, Work with Alexa, Google Assistant, No Hub Needed https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086MKP14K/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_27P16NN81D91Q85SV80A?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

4 hours ago, UrbanRage said:

This is a great mod, now if I could get this to work with the extra iPhone I have laying around. 

I don't have iPhone so I'm not sure. As long as it has mirroring app than it should work.

41 minutes ago, DCazares said:

Does this work on 14-15 models without AA or Carplay?

Depends on which mod you would like to add. For on screen app, video, map, etc, it won't work unless you have Android Auto. For the garage door opener, it will work with any Android phone. 

• Like 1

• CrawlSlow changed the title to Android Auto - Screen Mirroring - non rooted and rooted