In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Should GM advertise something not available?

Not impressed with GM’s new ad campaign for the new trucks…we will rock you…

Really? Advertising a product (Super Cruise) that was once released and now is on constraint (not available) until at least April 2022. Try ordering a super cruise equipped vehicle and see what happens…your order is cancelled or given a code that will not be built until that constraint released…

Is this the new business model in a pandemic world?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Super Cruise – will be available on the New 2022 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali and Denali Ultimate models as well as HUMMER EV Pickup and SUV models - which is the first true hands-free driver-assistance technology for compatible roads. Super Cruise utilizes advanced technologies to provide the ease and convenience of hands-free driving. Thanks to Lane Change on Demand and Automatic Lane Change, even changing lanes is hands-free. It’s safe to say your commutes will never be the same.

https://www.gmc.com/future-vehicles/2022-sierra?evar36=MRM_eml_2022_GMC_SierraMCMReveal_T3_adhoc_1021_17511067922

EXPERIENCE TRUE HANDS-FREE DRIVER-ASSISTANCE TECHNOLOGY 

SUPER CRUISE

The future starts now. Travel hands-free on more than 200,000 miles, and counting, of compatible roads in the U.S. and Canada with the available enhanced version of Super Cruise.

Engineered for a new kind of freedom, this first-in-class advanced feature performs automatic hands-free lane changing to maintain your set speed or allows you to pull your trailer hands-free.

Using precision LiDAR mapping and other advanced technologies, Super Cruise enables you to experience a new way to hit the highway. Learn how.

Edited by elcamino
add link to 2022
  • Like 1

Being available on 2022 models and being on constraint are two different things. GM has stated the constraint will more than likely not be released again until April 2022. There was an earlier release on other GM models (Cadillac), but again, that has stopped. Super Cruise will be a great product. Those that have it seem to love it. It was supposed be be standard on all ‘22 Escalade’s. Again, it’s on constraint - meaning it’s currently not available. I just personally don’t think it’s correct to advertise a product they know is not available, nor can your currently order a vehicle with that option…

There is not 'constraint' on super cruise on GM pickups.  (because it's never been available)

Companies have been advertising 'what is coming' for years.  It's a standard marketing method to generate interest for when ordering/purchasing becomes available.

Super cruise has never been available on GM pickups.

Adaptive cruise is available on GM 1500 pickups. (but not HD's)

Standard cruise is available on GM pickups.  

It's not possible to order any 'refreshed' 1500 pickup yet. (the generation that introduces supercruise to GM pickups)

The order guide doesn't yet contain model information and option codes for those trucks. 

I think the whole self driving thing will be a fiasco for the automotive industry as each company calls the different 'cruise' versions / lane keep assist / lane departure warnings / braking assists / blind spot assist / etc /etc by different names and with different details about how they work. 

It's gonna continue to be (already is ) a disaster when operators think the vehicle they are driving has a capability that it does not.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

Wife just rented a version of this cross between adaptive cruise and lane keep. It's going to get someone hurt. In a old construction zone that was restriped and tape still visible to the system it followed the wrong path and resisted with a good amount of force a manual correction heading the car to the barrier across adjacent lanes of traffic cutting a fellow off . 

No matter how much automation they provide to assist those who insist on a right to distracted driving that self same driver is always responsible for the two ton missile they are 'piloting'. Now the systems are overriding? BAD IDEA. If your that lazy take the buss or get an Uber. If focus makes you "tired" then take a break....:wtf:

• Like 4

I never found the GM LKA to take any effort at all to override. And my Ram has three different levels of force you can set it to use.

Either way, SuperCruise is on a whole ‘nother level than those systems. It does not let you be distracted. There is an IR camera that is always checking to be sure your eyes are looking out the windshield and not down on your phone. It will pull the truck over if you aren’t paying attention. This to me is a safety improvement. It’s actually easier to do things you shouldn’t do while driving with the system turned off. And yes, I do believe that computers are better drivers than 90% of the population.

22 hours ago, EJCarter said:

Being available on 2022 models and being on constraint are two different things. GM has stated the constraint will more than likely not be released again until April 2022. There was an earlier release on other GM models (Cadillac), but again, that has stopped. Super Cruise will be a great product. Those that have it seem to love it. It was supposed be be standard on all ‘22 Escalade’s. Again, it’s on constraint - meaning it’s currently not available. I just personally don’t think it’s correct to advertise a product they know is not available, nor can your currently order a vehicle with that option…

Yea you are not wrong on the constraint crap on Super Cruise.  Even on the Bolt EUV its still a problem.  They had said not available at launch when the EUV was able to order, then it was supposed to be available.  Our ordering guy went to get one?  0% constraint no builds.  He checked constraints this week for it?  Still 0%.  And Bolt EUV they made a big deal about because its the first Chevy branded GM to get it.  Its a shame for Cadillac and the Escalade as well.  

Edited by newdude

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

There is not 'constraint' on super cruise on GM pickups.  (because it's never been available)

Companies have been advertising 'what is coming' for years.  It's a standard marketing method to generate interest for when ordering/purchasing becomes available.

Super cruise has never been available on GM pickups.

Adaptive cruise is available on GM 1500 pickups. (but not HD's)

Standard cruise is available on GM pickups.  

You aren't wrong, but I don't think you read what EJCarter really wrote a post above:

GM has stated the constraint will more than likely not be released again until April 2022. There was an earlier release on other GM models (Cadillac), but again, that has stopped. Super Cruise will be a great product. Those that have it seem to love it. It was supposed be be standard on all ‘22 Escalade’s. Again, it’s on constraint

His complaint is valid and he more than seems to be aware that the trucks are just now getting it.  Every other product that has Super Cruise available in CURRENTLY you still can't get it.  I'm sure last year or the year before there are some Cadillacs that were built with it like CT6, but all the newest ones there is still a 0% constraint meaning can't order it at all.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

True, however I have no idea if it's on constraint for caddy, and being as this is a truck forum I did interpreted the complaint as regarding to truck advertising....

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

My intention was to pass on info to my fellow truck enthusiasts. I completely understand GMs marketing thoughts to advertise a new product to the half ton pickup market, but I’m just trying to keep those customers from being frustrated when they order a pickup with Super Cruise. It is not available and their orders will either be delayed if accepted and could be dropped at a future date without notice. Constraints wreak havoc on the vehicle ordering process. They are percentage driven. Super Cruise is 100% constrained…meaning it is currently not available for any vehicles.  

Super Cruise was earlier released on some GM models. Again, those that have it seem to be a fan. I’m not one to say good or bad things about it.

We have been in the market for a new Escalade. I’ve talked to our local Cadillac Dealer and I’ve followed numerous others build frustrations on Cadillac Forums. This is where I got my info regarding Super Cruise. Again, I just wanted to pass this on to my fellow truck buddies and hopefully save some frustrations if someone orders too early. 

If someone is interested in Super Cruise for the 1500 pickup market, just do your own research on availability so you can be fully educated…