Cruise Control not working, already checked the normal issues

Good day all, hoping for some help with an issue I have. Recently got a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6, that only has 115k miles on it. The truck is pretty much perfect condition, but immediately from purchase I realized cruise control was not working. My issue is when i press the cruise activation button I have no light display come on the dash, and my truck does not hold speed. So I went thru my regular procedures thinking it would be something basic, checked the fuse it was good swapped it out just in case no difference. Then I replaced the brake switch just in case, old switch worked fine but did it just assuming that may be the issue and no change. The last thing I have changed up to this point was the combination switch (indicator lever on left side of steering column), it appeared worn even though wipers, indicators, hazards worked I assumed this had to be the issue. Well that wasn't it either, so now I am stuck. I'm scanning online information trying to find schematics and anything that could lead me to the answer. Hoping putting this out here someone with more knowledge would have an answer.. I am all ears for any information that can be offered, thanks in advance!

Also no lights are on in the dash, so I do not suspect wheel speed sensors, I am leaning towards a module at this point but have no clue how to diagnose other than flat out replacing them, because everything else on the truck works perfectly.

Any input is greatly appreciated! 

1 hour ago, duramaxnero said:

Good day all, hoping for some help with an issue I have. Recently got a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6, that only has 115k miles on it. The truck is pretty much perfect condition, but immediately from purchase I realized cruise control was not working. My issue is when i press the cruise activation button I have no light display come on the dash, and my truck does not hold speed. So I went thru my regular procedures thinking it would be something basic, checked the fuse it was good swapped it out just in case no difference. Then I replaced the brake switch just in case, old switch worked fine but did it just assuming that may be the issue and no change. The last thing I have changed up to this point was the combination switch (indicator lever on left side of steering column), it appeared worn even though wipers, indicators, hazards worked I assumed this had to be the issue. Well that wasn't it either, so now I am stuck. I'm scanning online information trying to find schematics and anything that could lead me to the answer. Hoping putting this out here someone with more knowledge would have an answer.. I am all ears for any information that can be offered, thanks in advance!

Also no lights are on in the dash, so I do not suspect wheel speed sensors, I am leaning towards a module at this point but have no clue how to diagnose other than flat out replacing them, because everything else on the truck works perfectly.

This is just an idea.  In my case, I know a dealer svc manager well and he's up front with me on all things.  If you know one you can trust I'd go by and talk to him.  Preferably somebody you know there in the service dept and ask them if it sounded like a module.  I hope its not that.  I was quoted over $300 on an aftermarket cruise once and just forgot it.  If you find out that it is in fact a module, check around and see what one from a salvage yard costs. 

4 hours ago, duramaxnero said:

Good day all, hoping for some help with an issue I have. Recently got a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 6.6, that only has 115k miles on it. The truck is pretty much perfect condition, but immediately from purchase I realized cruise control was not working...

Who do you know with a Tech-2 that can pull the internal codes?  

FYI: When the brake switch fails, the light for the cruise power still lights up.  Just not the engaged indicator.

@swathdiver i do not know anyone with that scanner.

on my 2001 GMC 2500 I have a cruise light that comes on when the cruise control is engaged.... from everything i've seen online about the 2003 Chevrolet 2500 there is no cruise light now just a green light that appears as a small speedometer with an arrow pointing at it so you know cruise control is activated.

Is there something different than this because my truck does not have a cruise control illumination when cycling the ignition.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, duramaxnero said:

@swathdiver i do not know anyone with that scanner.

on my 2001 GMC 2500 I have a cruise light that comes on when the cruise control is engaged.... from everything i've seen online about the 2003 Chevrolet 2500 there is no cruise light now just a green light that appears as a small speedometer with an arrow pointing at it so you know cruise control is activated.

Is there something different than this because my truck does not have a cruise control illumination when cycling the ignition.

Got my wires crossed, was thinking of the GMT900s.

If you plan to keep this truck, get a Tech-2, it will pay for itself in no time.  If you live near the Treasure Coast of Florida, come on over and we'll check it out.