In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sunroof (package, or option?)

My 2018 Silverado was totaled a week ago and I'm on the prowl for another truck.  I absolutely LOVED that truck, but the only thing I wish I had that I didn't was a sunroof.

However, I'm kind of stuck on options and packages.  I don't really like leather (it's hot and looks bad after 40-50,000 miles).  I also HATE the center console that goes all the way to the dash.  I much prefer 60/40 seats and the console that comes with it.  Is it even possible to find a sunroof without leather and/or that ridiculous center console?

2011 Silverado 1500 LTD

CF5   Sunroof, power on Crew Cab models
1 - Requires (PCM) Convenience Package II.
2 - Included with (PDK) LTZ Premium Package or (PDY) LTZ Premium Texas Edition.
3 - Included with (PDM) High Country Deluxe.
--    --    --    --    --    A1 A1 A2 A3

1= RST and LT Trailboss 

2 = LTZ

3 = High Country

Other trims = N/A

AZ3 Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench with covered armrest storage and under-seat storage (lockable)
1 - Not available with (PCH) Convenience Package with Bucket Seats.
--    --    --    blackbox.gif    blackbox.gif    whitebox.gif1 --    --    --   

1 = RST

Std on both both LT trims  (but not LT Trailboss)

N/A on other trims

AZ3 seats are cloth

I think that means yes, you can get a sunroof with cloth 40/20/40 seats -- but only on an RST. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

2011 Silverado 1500 LTD

1= RST and LT Trailboss 

2 = LTZ

3 = High Country

Other trims = N/A

AZ3 Seats, front 40/20/40 split-bench with covered armrest storage and under-seat storage (lockable)

1 = RST

N/A on other trims

AZ3 seats are cloth

I think that means yes, you can get a sunroof with cloth 40/20/40 seats -- but only on an RST. 

OP said his truck was a 2018 (K2).

You listed T1 models, but he did post in the wrong spot.

Never mind, think he might be looking a new truck.

Edited by JimCost2014

@redwngr, I'm not sure how to decipher the build codes that you posted, but I appreciate you taking the time to look that up and most importantly, posting a summary statement.  There is hope!

10 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

OP said his truck was a 2018 (K2).

You listed T1 models, but he did post in the wrong spot.

Never mind, think he might be looking a new truck.

Correct.  My 2018 was the perfect truck for me, but it was totaled, so I'm looking to gain a few year models and some miles.  I may buy new, but I have nearly always bought a few years old with some miles.  My next question is one that I wasn't expecting to have to ask; are all 2019+ models keyless now?  My wife's Honda Pilot has the push to start and keyless entry garbage and I absolutely HATE it!.

Edited by belchfire

1 hour ago, redwngr said:

2011 Silverado 1500 LTD

1= RST and LT Trailboss 

2 = LTZ

3 = High Country

Other trims = N/A

1 = RST

N/A on other trims

AZ3 seats are cloth

Sunroof on RST requires Convenience Package II, and CPII requires CP with buckets. So it’s not possible.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, belchfire said:

Correct.  My 2018 was the perfect truck for me, but it was totaled, so I'm looking to gain a few year models and some miles.  I may buy new, but I have nearly always bought a few years old with some miles.  My next question is one that I wasn't expecting to have to ask; are all 2019+ models keyless now?  My wife's Honda Pilot has the push to start and keyless entry garbage and I absolutely HATE it!.

Everything but the WT / Custom / Custom TB are keyless. Not sure why you hate it though. It’s easier and better in every way. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, belchfire said:

I don't really like leather (it's hot and looks bad after 40-50,000 miles). 

Not sure what you are doing in your seats, how you maintain them or what your point of reference is, but I just traded a 2009 with 217k on it and all the leather still looked practically brand new. The drivers seat could have used a good cleaning but it had no signs of wear. Get something with ventilated seats and that solves the "hot" problem.

14 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

Sunroof on RST requires Convenience Package II, and CPII requires CP with buckets. So it’s not possible.

You are correct.  

A little embarrassed I didn't follow that note as well. 

Thanks for checking.

Sorry @belchfire

13 hours ago, fastk9dad said:

Not sure what you are doing in your seats, how you maintain them or what your point of reference is, but I just traded a 2009 with 217k on it and all the leather still looked practically brand new. The drivers seat could have used a good cleaning but it had no signs of wear. Get something with ventilated seats and that solves the "hot" problem.

Agree with the seats. My wife's 2014 Impala LTZ has leather seats. at 71,000 they still look good. And yes, the ventilated (heat and cool) work great. Just did a 2600 mile round trip and that feature made for a more comfortable ride. 

LTZ. 

LTZ you can option the sunroof without needing any additional required packages on bench and buckets.  You can do it in the build and price just start with any engine LTZ and go to exterior and then add the roof $995.  

RST will require buckets (convenience II) and High Country is buckets only.