2021 Sierra Frame wax gone

JayinNH

1 hour ago, SteveCZ said:

If you are in New Hampshire like your name says, why not just go to "NHOU Undercoatings"?

Because of what they charge. $1000 seems a little steep for undercoating. And in hindsight maybe I should have, but how do I know their products wouldn’t have done the same. 

16 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Another option is to take it to the dealer and ask them if it is covered under warranty. 

😂

That's like someone running a belt sander over the hood then trying to claim the paint was defective.

spacer.png

Edited by It's Tim

The dealer will know what you did to make the coating fall off. 

The problem your going to have now is that PB Blaster penetrates metal (soaks in) and you will have to get that area very clean for any spray undercoating you apply to stick to the metal. Brakeclean may work on a rag and wipe the area down real good and even if and I mean if the dealer fixes it it will just come back off due to the PB Blaster soaked into the metal.

I don't know why people worry about frame surface rust, as said the body and truck will be long gone and in the scrap yard before the frame rots in half.

Edited by Silverado4x4

22 hours ago, SilveradoRST said:

I would keep crawling underneath and checking every once in a while to see if more wax is falling off.  Respray the wax on the parts that wax has fallen off.

I would also avoid pressure washing the undercarriage.  You'll blast the wax right off.  

For some reason I cannot upload a PDF here but Google this

PI0564K

It will pull up on the NTSB site and you can download the PDF there. It will give you all repair instructions to basically replace all the wax on your frame.  Unless you completely degrease your frame anything you add to it will fall off.

On 10/28/2021 at 1:45 PM, Silverado4x4 said:

The dealer will know what you did to make the coating fall off. 

The problem your going to have now is that PB Blaster penetrates metal (soaks in) and you will have to get that area very clean for any spray undercoating you apply to stick to the metal. Brakeclean may work on a rag and wipe the area down real good and even if and I mean if the dealer fixes it it will just come back off due to the PB Blaster soaked into the metal.

I don't know why people worry about frame surface rust, as said the body and truck will be long gone and in the scrap yard before the frame rots in half.

Not if you live in the salt belt. 

54 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

I use corrosion free and the wax coating hasn't come off yet. I'm not to worried if it does, would sure make it a lot easier to put an decent frame coating on. 

Yup, I second Corrosion Free.   Put a light coat on the frame and the wax is fine.   It’s clear so I can see underneath, no dip, no smell.