In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Unused Hose Clip?

2 hours ago, Kyle Ross said:

i would attach it to that line with the heat wrap on it. To the right of the radiator house that the clip is attached too. 

It looks like it is intended to go onto the A/C hose in the black mesh wrap to the left of it, but I wanted to double check before messing with it. The truck had a few lifters replaced on the passenger side a while back and it appears the dealer missed that clip on reassembly...

9 hours ago, voided3 said:

I noticed on our '21 Silverado with the L84 5.3 that there is a hose clip (see photo) that appears to be for one of the A/C hoses, but it's unclipped. Where should this be attached?

IMG-0911.jpg

On my 2020 5.3 the hose immediately to the left of the hose clip is what fits in the clip.

2 hours ago, Anacortes Army Guy said:

On my 2020 5.3 the hose immediately to the left of the hose clip is what fits in the clip.

Does the clip attach to the hose above or the hose below the T connector? I'm guessing above based on the alignment but wanted ask. If it's not too much of a bother, a picture would be great, but no pressure.

23 minutes ago, Adamace1 said:

I'm going to be doing an oil change in a few hours I'll post my 2021 5.3 so you can see

Thank you! That would be great as I want to make sure it's in the correct spot. I mistakenly said earlier it was an A/C line but it's actually a heater hose so I don't want to risk damaging it and having coolant all over the place.

13 hours ago, voided3 said:

Does the clip attach to the hose above or the hose below the T connector? I'm guessing above based on the alignment but wanted ask. If it's not too much of a bother, a picture would be great, but no pressure.

Here's a picture.

Hose Clip.jpg

• Thanks 1