The great debate…. L5P oil

What say you….. been running shell Rotella for the first few oil changes but not completely satisfied. Thinking of switching to Amsoil, thoughts suggestions???? 

2017 Sierra 2500 6.6 L5P

44,****** miles 

Edited by MichDirtyMax19

Yes, I as well have been using AMSOIL for over 20yrs myself in everything I own.  If you don't have a source to get it, let me know.  I can help.  :)

Not a truck diesel, but my 2014 Cruze diesel shows great used oil analysis reports.  I just switched over to the new oil AMSOIL came out for this application and the report was even better from the European formula that was previously recommended by AMSOIL.

Edited by Black02Silverado
  • Like 1

Commodity oils such as Rotella are made to a price point.  There are also limited to using base oils and additives only they produce in house. Their synthetic base oil (GTL) are only produced in one place, Qatar.   

AMSOIL is made with the best components money can buy without regard to cost in the USA (Superior, Wis since 1972), that's their reason for being, be the best money can buy.

Commodity Oil -- Oil that is of equal value to a consumer no matter what company produces and markets it, and as such, is available at any discount with little differentiation among brands.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, MichDirtyMax19 said:

Running T6 and I feel like it breaks down pretty quick (4k miles) and typewriter tick last damn near the entire oil life. Just have heard good things about the AMSOIL 15w40

Two questions please: 

1.) So the motor is quite to about 4K miles then ticks until you change it? 

2.) What is your OCI?