Tahoe battery charge

How long does the battery charge on a Tahoe last if the car is parked? I won't be able to return home when I thought and want to avoid it being dead when I return. I'm planning on just running the engine via the app to keep the battery charged. Any ideas if that would work? Car is parked outdoors. How long should I let the engine run to keep the battery full?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fatkat said:

How long does the battery charge on a Tahoe last if the car is parked? I won't be able to return home when I thought and want to avoid it being dead when I return. I'm planning on just running the engine via the app to keep the battery charged. Any ideas if that would work? Car is parked outdoors. How long should I let the engine run to keep the battery full?

It takes hours at idle to completely recharge a car battery. 10 minutes is probably better than nothing, if done every couple of days. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fatkat said:

About a month if there is nothing plugged into any outlets.  After you get home, buy a Battery Tender to avoid this.  Check and see if the app allows you to start the car remotely more than twice.  That's all I can do with my fobs before a key in the ignition start is required.