In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

So I had the 2” gm lift kit installed a little while back.  I’m now noticing a weird shutter when decelerating past the 23 mph mark.  I’m pretty sure this was not happening before the lift was installed.  It doesn’t happen when accelerating just braking/decelerating.  I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 5.3 10 speed crew cab elevation.  Any ideas?

23 minutes ago, Matt Grz said:

So I had the 2” gm lift kit installed a little while back.  I’m now noticing a weird shutter when decelerating past the 23 mph mark.  I’m pretty sure this was not happening before the lift was installed.  It doesn’t happen when accelerating just braking/decelerating.  I have a 2020 GMC Sierra 5.3 10 speed crew cab elevation.  Any ideas?

Did the dealer install your lift?

30 minutes ago, Matt Grz said:

Can't help you with the lift but ask them to do the latest program update that fixes the shudder around 13mph. It's completely fixed my shudder at low speed stopping and at low roms while cruising 45-65mph. Make sure the do the crankshaft sensor relearn. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anacortes Army Guy said:

Did the dealer install your lift?

Yeah.  The dealer that installed it was a joke and I no longer go there.  I brought it to another dealer and they were of no help either…. Might just be Illinois dealers.

I’m looking at the rear blocks on this lift they installed and I notice the shim that was there before the lift was installed is no longer there.  Just a non tapered block.  Do you think that shim should be there?

7 minutes ago, kmeleon said:

Can't help you with the lift but ask them to do the latest program update that fixes the shudder around 13mph. It's completely fixed my shudder at low speed stopping and at low roms while cruising 45-65mph. Make sure the do the crankshaft sensor relearn. 

Thank you.  The dealer said I’m up to date with the latest program.

9 minutes ago, Matt Grz said:

Yeah.  The dealer that installed it was a joke and I no longer go there.  I brought it to another dealer and they were of no help either…. Might just be Illinois dealers.

I’m looking at the rear blocks on this lift they installed and I notice the shim that was there before the lift was installed is no longer there.  Just a non tapered block.  Do you think that shim should be there?

I wonder if the tech who installed the lift performed the steering recalibration that's an integral part of the lift installation.  If so, I'd think it would be annotated on the service paperwork.  I don't know how not doing the steering recalibration would manifest itself, but it's something worth checking on - just a thought.

9 minutes ago, Anacortes Army Guy said:

I wonder if the tech who installed the lift performed the steering recalibration that's an integral part of the lift installation.  If so, I'd think it would be annotated on the service paperwork.  I don't know how not doing the steering recalibration would manifest itself, but it's something worth checking on - just a thought.

The dealer was shady.  The paper work literally only says “customer states to install lift kit PAH” “Tech Jakub Ziarnek installed 84993582 :N-modification KI (06008-84993)”. Nothing else.

14 hours ago, Matt Grz said:

It depends on driveline angles but prob not needed with the lift. My stock AT4 has no shims.

There was a bulletin out about the shudder.  There is a computer update to correct this.  The shudder may be releated to the software and not the lift.   If it is computer related will will happen when costing and slowing.  It will happen around 13-15pm IIRC

here is the link

Shudder Condition When Coasting to a Stop – TechLink (gm-techlink.com)

Edited by A321Driver
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, A321Driver said:

There was a bulletin out about the shudder.  There is a computer update to correct this.  The shudder may be releated to the software and not the lift.   If it is computer related will will happen when costing and slowing.  It will happen around 13-15pm IIRC

here is the link

Shudder Condition When Coasting to a Stop – TechLink (gm-techlink.com)

Oh man awesome!  Thank you very much for this info!  I have an appointment with a different dealer next week, I’m going to mention this to him after they look at it.  Thank you again!

• Like 1

So the dealer replaced one of my U-joints and updated the TCM with the latest calibration.  I think the shudder might be a little worse than before.  Another person in the forums said he had a vibration and fixed it by replaced the non tapered block in the rear with a tapered block.  I notice when I shift into neutral the problem isn’t there.  The dealer is blaming the cylinder deactivation and said while in neutral the cylinder deactivation isn’t active which is why it seems to be fixed in neutral.  I feel like if this was normal I would have always felt it and not just recently.  Wish it was some blatantly obvious thing that could be fixed and make it normal again.  Any ideas is appreciated.  Thanks.