Looking for an airbag kit to drop my truck (not just helper bags)

Unfortunately, unless there was a new kit unveiled at SEMA this year, I don't think such kit exists. Your best bet is to start with a Twisted Metal Workz rear 4 link kit, but you will still need to have bag mounts made/installed. As far as the front, maybe there is a K1 front bag kit that can work with some modifications, otherwise you will need to have custom bag/shock mounts installed.

The Twisted Metal Workz rear 4 link kit is $1650, might be cheaper if you can get it without the Viking coilovers. All in with 4 link kit, bags, shocks, C notch, air management and fab work, I bet you're into it for close to $5k.

A cheaper route will be to use the Twisted Metal Workz 4-link w/ Viking coilovers for the rear and their Viking coilover kit for the front. It will adjustable enough to get the ride height leveled but that's about it. Even this route is still $2500.

I have the Belltech 4/6 (rear flip kit is a modified DJM from a 2018) with Twisted Metal Workz weld in Notch and IHC helper bags on my 21 RST. Ride is ok, but nothing like a bagged setup. I have 10k miles on the truck now and I think the Belltech struts/shocks are already going bad, the ride is getting noticeably bouncier. If I were you, I'd definitely stay away from Belltech and go the coilover route or IHC, if you can't do the bagged setup right now. 

20210603_204829_resized.jpg

20210603_205001_resized.jpg

20210611_145557_resized.jpg

Thank you bro. I appreciate your input. I was actually thinking about doing the belltech 4/6 drop. I wanted to get as low as I could. But with your input I am reconsidering. I’ll be installing the setup whatever I get. I live in Northern California so the roads aren’t real terrible. I’m surprised you say your shocks seem like they are already going out. Are your roads bad? Does the truck bottom out a lot? I figure I could probably buy a helper bag kit to add to the belltech if I do decide to go that rte?! Let me know. Thanks again. Your truck looks great by the way. Are those 22’s or 24’s?

I'm in Michigan so the roads aren'tthe greatest...but they should last more than 10k miles. I had a friend that had the Belltech kit on his 2020 F150 (same style struts as our trucks) and he also had to replace them at 10k miles. The seals were blown out and leaking, ride was also getting bad.

The struts/shocks aren't bottoming out internally, so that can't be the cause. Front tires hit the top of the wheelwell on some big dips in the road but nothing crazy.

I won't buy them again when it's time to replace them, that's for damn sure. I'd consider buying IHC control arms and keeping the 2" drop spindle. I'd have to add a 1" spacer under the strut to get it back to 4" drop (IHC arm 3" + 2" drop spindle) but you'd have a OEM strut so it should ride close to stock. Sucks to have to spend $600 on the IHC arms but I'm sure Belltech replacement struts aren't cheap either. Plus my stock struts have 375 miles on them and they're just sitting in my basement, might as well use them lol

Wheels are 24x10 +30 with 305/35's. Tires rub the inner plastic at full cut but haven't even worn through yet, so it's not too bad.

• 5 weeks later...

Phat phabz has kits for front and rear. Tons of modulation needed to work so be ready for that. Relocate or build a new gas tank, tub/cut up inside of the bed, need two piece drive shaft made.  Etc. Up front they’re pretty hush hush on their modification of the electronic brake booster since it’s right in the way when trying to lay out and/or turn.  I have the kit front and rear sitting in my garage and I’m collecting other parts needed for the installation. Probably start early next year.  Be ready to pony up big $$$ to get it done right though.