Front Crankshaft seal leak replacement

I just finished up doing the AFM/DOD delete on my 2013 GMC Yukon Denail and it seems i have a front crank seal leak.  When installing the new OEM seal and balancer, i did not put any sealant on the outside of the seal or grease the inside of the seal prior to the balancer installation.

3 questions:

1.  Upon re installation of the seal, is common practice to put sealant on the outside and grease or oil the inside?

2.  Are there any best practices to hold the crankshaft still while we tighten the bolt outside of wedging a pry bar in between the balance?  If i can stick pry bar in the sprocket of the flywheel, will that be able to take the torque needed to fully tighten down the crank bolt?

3.  I bought an ARP bolt this time around.  The ARP website says to torque to 235 ft lbs, is that correct?  That seems like an awful lot.

Any help is appreciated.  I cleaned up all the excess oil and verified the leak was coming from the seal, i have included a picture.

20211109_172940.jpg

I just put oil on the seal and then put the crank pulley on.

Did you also put the crank pulley completely on before you tightened all the front cover bolts? The front cover needs to stay loose until the crank pulley is all the way on.

Yes the torque spec is really high but I've never done it to that spec lol. I just ram it down with my impact gun because holding the flywheel with a pry bar is a pain.