Who chose the temp range for climate controls during remote start?

remanaz

Who chose the temp range for climate controls during remote start? Full blast AC even at 60*? 

I live in the Phoenix AZ area. For me 60* is getting a bit on the colder side. This is a great feature imo. It, along with the remote window down function are my saviors during the 100*+ months. The heat is nice for those 2-3 weeks we get into the 30's and 40's. But at 60* - 70* I would rather have no ac or heat. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the temp range for the climate system when using remote start?

I put up a very similar question a few weeks ago and have been playing with the system. I haven't figured out how to make any adjustments to the remote start feature. Blows my mind that they didn't allow adjustments for guys like you in the warmer areas vs guys like me that wake up to frost/snow right now.

No way to change it but I will say the sunload sensor has way too much control in the algorithm. Lots of times I would sit in my truck on a cooler sunny day and eat lunch. Start it up and the AC runs overdrive and freezes you out. Wish it was more biased toward the cabin temperature and not the sun. Throw a towel over it and see if it works the heat, or nothing instead.

• Like 1

It is not a heat issue. It is at night that I am wanting either heat or nothing but the truck turns on the ac. I believe it is using the outside temp sensor in the bumper and not the photo sensor in the dash. That should be for the lights. Well, I should say that it was just for lights back in the day. It wouldn't surprise me if they now incorporate it into other systems now.

Edited by remanaz

On 11/14/2021 at 4:16 PM, remanaz said:

Who chose the temp range for climate controls during remote start? Full blast AC even at 60*? 

I live in the Phoenix AZ area. For me 60* is getting a bit on the colder side. This is a great feature imo. It, along with the remote window down function are my saviors during the 100*+ months. The heat is nice for those 2-3 weeks we get into the 30's and 40's. But at 60* - 70* I would rather have no ac or heat. 

Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the temp range for the climate system when using remote start?

No.  Vehicle is in control during remote start above 59F and below 50F.  From 50 to 59F it uses the last set settings.  

DUAL ZONE AUTO CLIMATE OPERATION DURING REMOTE START: 

Cold ambient temperature that is below 50°F (10°C):

Mode = Defrost

Temperature = Full Hot

Blower = Six bars

Recirculation = Fresh Air

A/C compressor = Only commanded on if conditions allow compressor engagement.

Hot ambient temperature that is above 59°F (15°C):

Mode = Last known settings

Temperature = Full Cold

Blower =  Last known settings, unless the blower was in the "Off" position. In which case, the blower will be turned to the "Auto" setting.

Recirculation = Recirculation

A/C compressor = On

Mid ambient temperature that is anything between the cold and hot ambient temperature values:

Mode = Last known setting

Temperature = Last known setting(s)

Blower =  Last known setting

Recirculation = Last known setting

A/C compressor = Last known setting

SINGLE ZONE MANUAL CLIMATE OPERATION DURING REMOTE START:

Cold ambient temperature - below 50°F (10°C): 

Mode = Defrost

Temperature = Full Hot 

Blower = 8

Recirculation = Fresh Air 

A/C compressor = Only commanded on if conditions allow compressor engagement.

Hot ambient temperature - above 59°F (15°C):

Mode = Panel Vents

Temperature = Full Cold

Blower =  8

Recirculation = Recirculate 

A/C compressor = On

Mid ambient temperature - anything in between "cold" and "hot" ambient temperature values that are listed above:

Mode = Last known setting

Temperature = Last known setting

Blower =  Last known setting

Recirculation = Last known setting

A/C compressor = Last known setting

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Salsa De Piña said:

Crazy question: Why would you use remote start when it's 60 degrees out?

yeah. If you don't want remote start to blast the AC when its between 60-70 degrees, then why are you remote starting in those conditions? The point of remote starting is to let the engine warm up in the cold, or to turn on the AC when it is hot. 

For those asking why I want heat at 60 and below??? Because as I said in my OP, I am cold at 60 and below.  

Personally I think there should be a setting option to adjust to a range that suits the environment the truck resides in. I do not remote start in the 60s because of this issue. Like OnTheReef, I like to let the idle drop down especially when I am going on my lunch break as I have limited time. It would be nice to be able to use the remote start to warm up the interior too. The truck has yet to use last known settings in the 50-59 range. The closer to 50 the more I really want the heat on as at that temp I am cold.