Wine sound from under truck idling in park

15 Z71

Hopefully some one can help me. I have a 2015 gmc sierra 1500. And for some reason after it's warm and I start it or after I have drove it, it makes a weird wine sound on and off in park idling. As soon as I put it in drive it stops or just barely push on the gas pedal barely bring up rpms it quits. Transmission is not slipping and shifts fine. 

Hey 15 Z71,

This information won't be of much help unfortunately, but I have a 2014 Sierra and I was facing a similar scenario as you. It was similar to a whine, but I likened it more to an intermediate whirring or purring noise, and I was getting it ONLY when the truck was idling in park after I had driven it for a bit. The noise was loudest around the passenger side front of the truck. I didn't even bother taking it in because I could never replicate the sound when I wanted to, but it doesn't seem like it impacted the truck in any way.

As of a couple weeks ago, the noise has since stopped completely (whether that has something to do with the cold weather here in MI, I am not sure) and I can't replicate it at all. If it ever comes back, I will try and get a sound clip and post it here, but as far as under the hood, I could not find any issues. Sorry I can't be of more help!

If there is any updates about the issue, please let us know!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, OffTheAir said:

Hey 15 Z71,

This information won't be of much help unfortunately, but I have a 2014 Sierra and I was facing a similar scenario as you. It was similar to a whine, but I likened it more to an intermediate whirring or purring noise, and I was getting it ONLY when the truck was idling in park after I had driven it for a bit. The noise was loudest around the passenger side front of the truck. I didn't even bother taking it in because I could never replicate the sound when I wanted to, but it doesn't seem like it impacted the truck in any way.

As of a couple weeks ago, the noise has since stopped completely (whether that has something to do with the cold weather here in MI, I am not sure) and I can't replicate it at all. If it ever comes back, I will try and get a sound clip and post it here, but as far as under the hood, I could not find any issues. Sorry I can't be of more help!

If there is any updates about the issue, please let us know!

Thanks for your response. Hopefully it's nothing. 

• Like 2