RETROFIT MEMO - Important 2022 Model Year Order/Content Changes

Important 2022 Model Year Order/Content Changes

Nov. 19, 2021

Chevrolet, Buick, GMC and Cadillac Dealers,

In our last communication on Friday, Nov. 12, we promised to provide further details, when available, regarding heated and ventilated seats.  Our teams have been working hard to find a solution to retrofit vehicles with these convenience features that our customers want to continue to enjoy.  We are excited to confirm all vehicles covered by the previous announcement will be eligible for a retrofit process that will activate the operation of the heated and ventilated seat modules.  This retrofit process will begin when parts become available and at no cost to the customer. Dealers will be reimbursed via the GM Global Warranty System.  We anticipate that these parts will be available for retrofit in late Q2 2022.  Each impacted vehicle will receive an invoice and Monroney label credit of $50 per vehicle for any combination of heated and ventilated seats.

Now that there is a definitive retrofit plan, the previously communicated invoice and window label credits on Nov. 12, no longer apply.  Please reference the table below for details on impacted models and trims.  Dealers will be required to:

1. Obtain a signed customer acknowledgement form at the time of purchase
  2. Inform customers that their vehicle is not currently equipped with heated/ventilated seats
  3. Advise customers that GM will cover the cost of the retrofit for heated/ventilated seats when the parts become available

The customer acknowledgement forms must be retained in the sales deal jacket and be made available to GM representatives upon request.

Once parts are available to begin the retrofit process, dealers and customers will be notified accordingly.  We plan to create an instructional video for the retrofit process and will invite input from Dealer Council members in Q1 2022.  Once we have their input, we will create a specific service bulletin providing full detailed instructions on how to complete the required service for each impacted vehicle and how to apply for reimbursement through the GM Global Warranty System.  Most vehicles will retain non-functioning switches to allow for a simplified retrofit, however, there will be a small population of vehicles where the switches will be removed altogether.

Please be advised that this retrofit process is only for heated/ventilated seats and does not impact heated steering wheel at this time.  Also, please understand that this credit will be a total of $50 per vehicle.  These efforts are being undertaken as a direct result of your feedback and the acknowledgement of the importance of these features to our customers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MS3DALE said:

Nov. 19, 2021

In our last communication on Friday, Nov. 12, we promised to provide further details, when available, regarding heated and ventilated seats.  Our teams have been working hard to find a solution to retrofit vehicles with these convenience features that our customers want to continue to enjoy.  We are excited to confirm all vehicles covered by the previous announcement will be eligible for a retrofit process that will activate the operation of the heated and ventilated seat modules.  This retrofit process will begin when parts become available and at no cost to the customer. Dealers will be reimbursed via the GM Global Warranty System.  We anticipate that these parts will be available for retrofit in late Q2 2022.  Each impacted vehicle will receive an invoice and Monroney label credit of $50 per vehicle for any combination of heated and ventilated seats.

Now that there is a definitive retrofit plan, the previously communicated invoice and window label credits on Nov. 12, no longer apply.  Please reference the table below for details on impacted models and trims.  Dealers will be required to:

2. Inform customers that their vehicle is not currently equipped with heated/ventilated seats
  3. Advise customers that GM will cover the cost of the retrofit for heated/ventilated seats when the parts become available

The customer acknowledgement forms must be retained in the sales deal jacket and be made available to GM representatives upon request.

Once parts are available to begin the retrofit process, dealers and customers will be notified accordingly.  We plan to create an instructional video for the retrofit process and will invite input from Dealer Council members in Q1 2022.  Once we have their input, we will create a specific service bulletin providing full detailed instructions on how to complete the required service for each impacted vehicle and how to apply for reimbursement through the GM Global Warranty System.  Most vehicles will retain non-functioning switches to allow for a simplified retrofit, however, there will be a small population of vehicles where the switches will be removed altogether.

Please be advised that this retrofit process is only for heated/ventilated seats and does not impact heated steering wheel at this time.  Also, please understand that this credit will be a total of $50 per vehicle.  These efforts are being undertaken as a direct result of your feedback and the acknowledgement of the importance of these features to our customers.

I wonder if this will include the rear outboard heated seats 

?

51 minutes ago, unit said:

I wouldn't trust my dealer to perform the retrofit.  I won't be ordering one If it isn't on the truck when it's built. 

Sounds like you need to find another dealer! 

For the record, I've been negotiating with my local dealer to return a $999.00 charge for a wheel protection package that was improperly added to my truck loan on March 3, 2020 when I purchased the truck.  The local dealer, one of a dozen or so Jeff Wyler Dealers in the tri-state area, was no help and pretty much sloughed off the problem.  A couple of weeks ago, I was ready to take the matter to the small claims court but decided to write the corporate headquarters in Milford, Ohio  asking that they settle the matter without a court intervention and also to restore my good will.  To my surprise, I received a phone call from the corporate office yesterday stating they are having a check delivered to my house today, Tuesday, Nov 23rd for the amount in question.  Within the hour I got a text from FedEx advising of a delivery scheduled for today.  I'll be glad to put the problem to rest and very happy the corporate office resolved my issue.  I'll confirm when the payment is received later today.

Fedex delivered a flat envelope today with a refund check for those items that I did not authorize when I made my Chevy purchase.  We're all square now!

i just bought a 2022 LT 2500 and has build date of 9/21 and i do have heated seats and wheel........this must be for customer orders or any builds moving forward......i also have safety blind spot pkg 

16 hours ago, Dunn said:

i just bought a 2022 LT 2500 and has build date of 9/21 and i do have heated seats and wheel........this must be for customer orders or any builds moving forward......i also have safety blind spot pkg 

The Build and Price on the main site says built after 11/15/2021. I just bought a 22 LT today that has heated wheel/seats and the door sticker says built 11/21. Must have been just a few weeks ago. Got it fresh off the truck from Flint.

On 11/24/2021 at 7:45 PM, Epsilon Plus said:

The Build and Price on the main site says built after 11/15/2021. I just bought a 22 LT today that has heated wheel/seats and the door sticker says built 11/21. Must have been just a few weeks ago. Got it fresh off the truck from Flint.

i was worried it wouldnt have features on sticker as i read here some had issues but everything works...but yeah i purchased 10/23 so a month or less after it was built.....i put a deposit and waited 3 weeks for it to arrive at the dealer....

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2021 at 11:39 AM, MS3DALE said:

Can someone provide this memo or acknowledgement form? 

On 11/19/2021 at 11:39 AM, MS3DALE said:

Nov. 19, 2021