In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2007 5.3 “catalyst efficiency below threshold” bank 1 and 2??!!

30 minutes ago, Nate6.0 said:

I spaced the sensors out with modified non foulers…how long should it take for the CEL to go out if this is effective?

It's like 5 restarts of the motor or you can take it to an auto parts store and have them clear the code they don't charge you.

• Like 1

So your getting codes for the bank 1 sensor 2 and the bank 2 sensor 2.  I would not even bother trying to fix it, but thats only because it will not cause any problems other than failing emissions (not required in my state). If emissions are required in your state, you may be able to just pay the $175 fine for failing the test each year and continue on. That would be cheaper than replacing a million parts. Sometimes its best to just pay a shop or the dealer to diagnose the problem rather than throwing parts at it. Since its on both banks, I would say it has to be something common to both banks with air or fuel. Maybe a vacuum leak before the TB? Maybe a plugged air filter? Hard to say.

So today I took a drive and my early Christmas present…engine light off on its own!!!!! I guess the anti foulers worked 😎😎 and I don’t even have to feel too bad about the actual environmental impact because it has 2 brand new cats doing their thing, just not CARB cats…what a journey 

• Like 3