2012 Silverado 2500hd LT integrated trailer brake system

The long time going "Service Trailer Brake System" on my 2012 2500hd LT 6.0 gas. I've replaced the relay the controller in the dash, the ITBC, & checked all the wires & can't find anything. Yet the message still shows up with a trailer connected or not & when the trailer is connected the brakes do not work. Took it to two local dealerships & both say tech didn't show or don't have time or something. I don't think they know how to fix it lol.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Loy Cribbs said:

The long time going "Service Trailer Brake System" on my 2012 2500hd LT 6.0 gas. I've replaced the relay the controller in the dash, the ITBC, & checked all the wires & can't find anything. Yet the message still shows up with a trailer connected or not & when the trailer is connected the brakes do not work. Took it to two local dealerships & both say tech didn't show or don't have time or something. I don't think they know how to fix it lol.

Anyone have any ideas?

There will be internal trouble codes that have to be pulled.  Who do you know with a Tech-2 or similar bi-directional scan tool?

Have you taken apart the 7-wire plug and checked it for corrosion or even being wired wrong?  They get full of dirt/dust after a while.

9 minutes ago, Loy Cribbs said:

I can check with my son-in-law, he may have one. I have taken the plug apart, cleaned it up good, blew out with air hose, & put a new plug in the bumper.

Well, save for the wiring and ECM, EBCM and BCM, you've covered it all.  Get the codes so you can zero in on the problem, the parts cannon didn't.

Mine was the Solid State Relay.  Did you use all GM OE parts?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Loy Cribbs said:

Yes but without taking the spare tire down I can't say for sure that it was an OE GM part, pretty sure it was though. 

I just remembered, when you replaced the computer module, did you program it?  A new one has to be programmed to the truck.

• 3 weeks later...