On 12/2/2021 at 6:22 AM, Dh669 said:

s type exhaust is 3 1/2 touring is 3 inch

On 12/2/2021 at 6:24 AM, Dh669 said:

Can’t even downgrade to Borla touring  exhaust because that’s 3 inch S type exhaust that I have is 3 1/2 inch

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, all of the factory connection Borla 6.2 exhausts they make in ALL types so Touring, S and Atak are 3.5" in and out of the muffler, then 2.75" for the Y section.  Only the header connect system has smaller pipe in and out of the muffler.  

I don't see how you wouldn't be able to just swap the muffler out.  

boral.png

Edited by newdude

On 12/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, TxTruckMan said:

That's some BS right there.  How can they prove that it didn't come that way from the factory?  Or that it's louder than the factory?  Is there going to be a dB database for all cars?  You're innocent until proven guilty.

The GM Performance exhaust comes with a sticker you place somewhere under the hood to indicate its a factory part.  That may be how.  I have that exhaust and sticker on my truck since I'm in California. 

On 11/25/2021 at 5:53 AM, Dh669 said:

2021 Silverado Trail boss for 6.2 with Borla S type exhaust contacted Borla about quitting it down a little bit so I can pass New York State inspection I can’t believe they said take it to a custom muffler shop they can do something for you Borla is no help whatsoever 

Why would Borla help, they sold you a product you wanted. It is not Borla's fault that NY is full of idiots who elect morons to represent the state, that then pass idiotic laws such as this one!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BIGDOGx said:

Why would Borla help, they sold you a product you wanted. It is not Borla's fault that NY is full of idiots who elect morons to represent the state, that then pass idiotic laws such as this one!

Because they manufacture various different mufflers.

I've had a similar experience with borla. They used to be helpful and would recommend a specific muffler based on your needs.

Now... they may as well remove their # and email, for all the good it does people looking for product advice.

Edited by M1ck3y

On 12/8/2021 at 6:22 PM, M1ck3y said:

Because they manufacture various different mufflers.

I've had a similar experience with borla. They used to be helpful and would recommend a specific muffler based on your needs.

Now... they may as well remove their # and email, for all the good it does people looking for product advice.

How could they help here, customer buys said product, customer installs said product. Then 6 months later NY state legislative decides to ban the product, it is not on Borla to make it right. This is where the term elections have consequences comes from!

Elect stupid people and win stupid regulations, restrictions and laws.

Imo the state clearly wants everything stock, if you do anything other than stock you are taking a chance imo.

8 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

How could they help here, customer buys said product, customer installs said product. Then 6 months later NY state legislative decides to ban the product, it is not on Borla to make it right. This is where the term elections have consequences comes from!

Elect stupid people and win stupid regulations, restrictions and laws.

Imo the state clearly wants everything stock, if you do anything other than stock you are taking a chance imo.

I completely agree with you. I was just saying that because borla makes standalone mufflers one would think they'd be helpful and recommend one that fits with the ops desired sound level. Either a replacement or add on.

With everything they design I personally think they'd be in the best situation to make that recommendation...

I don't know why going to a muffler shop isn't an acceptable answer?  It's kind of hard for Borla to see what's going on under your vehicle and make a correct recommendation.  There is more than just pipe diameter to consider.  There's also length and muffler clearance.  If Borla made a recommendation based on your comments and it didn't fit then you'd be pissed again at their customer service.  Bring it to a muffler shop like they asked. Geesh.

I don't get why this is an issue at this time.  The modification was made prior to enactment of the new law.  IINAL, but the COTUS does have a grandfather clause that would permit the exhaust to stay.  I suspect a legal challenge may be coming.  If not the OP then somebody with money and time.