Had my 2017 Sierra Denali 6.2l Engine Rebuilt to a 416 by Texas Speed

It's been a long ride but this week I should be picking her up from the shop. Got a fully built 416 long block from Texas Speed and performance with the EL-C7 cam. Camshaft w/ +32% Fuel Lobe: 231/240, .645/.635, 113 LSA, 109 ICL. Also put in a  circle D 8L90 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM high stall torque converter, LT4 fuel pump, LT4 injectors Tuner has it running getting around 435 rwhp with stock intake and throttlebody. I have a Katech 103mm and MSD Atomic intake but it seems like a pita to install (adding idler pulley and angled adapter. LT1 intakes are angled different). So we are going to try a stock ported l86 intake with the ZR1 95mm throttle body and hopefully that gets me some more horses. I also would really like to see the dyno charts because a stoker should pick up bunch of torque and horse power may not increase as much.  I will update

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-4418-tsp-416-cid-gen-5-lt1-long-block.aspx

Pic was getting towed to shop on 7/22/21 with blown engine.

NZ6_3671.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Where's your video footage?! I need to hear this (stock exhaust?)

Did you have to delete vvt?

I think it should pick up a ton of horsepower, that cam's gear for top end isn't it?

This just on 91?

Edited by M1ck3y

4 hours ago, davidvarner1064 said:

It's been a long ride but this week I should be picking her up from the shop. Got a fully built 416 long block from Texas Speed and performance with the EL-C7 cam. Camshaft w/ +32% Fuel Lobe: 231/240, .645/.635, 113 LSA, 109 ICL. Also put in a  circle D 8L90 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM high stall torque converter, LT4 fuel pump, LT4 injectors Tuner has it running getting around 435 rwhp with stock intake and throttlebody. I have a Katech 103mm and MSD Atomic intake but it seems like a pita to install (adding idler pulley and angled adapter. LT1 intakes are angled different). So we are going to try a stock ported l86 intake with the ZR1 95mm throttle body and hopefully that gets me some more horses. I also would really like to see the dyno charts because a stoker should pick up bunch of torque and horse power may not increase as much.  I will update

https://www.texas-speed.com/p-4418-tsp-416-cid-gen-5-lt1-long-block.aspx

Pic was getting towed to shop on 7/22/21 with blown engine.

NZ6_3671.jpg

That is not a great feeling, will share my 16 on a flatbed with an expired 6.2 at 23000 miles.

Good luck, sounds like the truck will be very fun now.

16.jpg.97329beca8175410f6ac277650f4004d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My DOD lifter in cyl 7 took a crap at 90k put a cam in and DOD delete. Shop never got the tune right and had all kinds of problems. I took a shot tuning it and got it running and not stalling then did some WOT pulls on the highway and that was all she wrote. Shoulda went with a fully built engine then instead of playing games at 90k.

21 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

Where's your video footage?! I need to hear this (stock exhaust?)

Did you have to delete vvt?

I think it should pick up a ton of horsepower, that cam's gear for top end isn't it?

This just on 91?

I have American Racing 1 7/8 headers and a Borla 3" dual exit. I will 100% post some footage as soon as I get my hands on her. No stock footage.

Texas Speed said they don't mess with VVT it's a big headache tuning. They install a cam phaser limiter kit to lock it at 0 degress.

Definitely a top end cam for sure it touted as the "quickest NA cam" but with the stroker I should get some of the mid range torque back. At least I'm hoping. The installer said "You can definitely tell it has cam" with a lot chuckling. So my assumption is there is some nice lope.

Also now that I really thought about it 435 whp is not bad considering you would have to add back in atleast 20% for drivetrain loss. Which would put me around 522 hp at the flywheel. I just recently learned that GM rates HP at the flywheel with belt driven accessories but no drivetrain loss. So a 6.2l @ 420 hp stock means closer to 380 whp. You can get to 420 whp with bolt ons.

Edited by davidvarner1064
  • Like 1

Sounds awesome, can't wait to hear it!

I think in a c7 you would probably end up seeing around 500. So for a truck, with a truck manifold I'd say 435 is spot on!

... I bet you'll be WELL over 500 ftlbs. That Said, I'm hoping for 600 for you!

It's an interesting combo for sure, can't wait to see how it plays out.

30 minutes ago, M1ck3y said:

I think in a c7 you would probably end up seeing around 500. So for a truck, with a truck manifold I'd say 435 is spot on!

I was looking for that to post :thumbs: That was the only dyno graph I could find of my engine. It has to be damn close to the exact same specs because the compression ratio is exactly the same as mine 11.8:1. I also would have to think they are running E85 which would make a big difference, as well as the dyno exhaust and open intake tube.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 5:11 PM, M1ck3y said:

Here's the dyno chart. I will post some video in the next day or so.

20211217_141218.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds great!

Did you end up porting the manifold for the 95 mm throttle body? Just curious if it helped you out all.

Ah, missed the note on the dyno. How much do you think it helped out?

Edited by M1ck3y

On 12/19/2021 at 1:05 PM, M1ck3y said:

Sounds great!

Did you end up porting the manifold for the 95 mm throttle body? Just curious if it helped you out all.

Ah, missed the note on the dyno. How much do you think it helped out?

First dyno result was 432hp with 87mm and stock l86 manifold. Ported manifold and 95mm was 464hp so 32hp gain. Runners were ported as well. Also added aluminum 4in intake tube.

20211217_125820.jpg

• Thanks 1

This guy did the porting

https://instagram.com/454chuy?utm_medium=copy_link

I think I'm going to send him the l86 intake I have now and have him port it for the 103mm katech I have laying around. I didn't do it before because he needed the 103mm to do the porting job. He was able to send me out an l86 ported to 95mm the next day.

Tuner also said the engine was still pulling a bit of a vacuum still and could probably use a bit more air.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, davidvarner1064 said:

First dyno result was 532hp with 87mm and stock l86 manifold. Ported manifold and 95mm was 464hp so 32hp gain. Runners were ported as well. Also added aluminum 4in intake tube.

20211217_125820.jpg

Nice, gave it a good boost. It's too bad there isn't any aftermarket truck intakes. I feel like there's a lot more power hiding in there, with your cam and displacement. 

The l86 intake is great, but I'm wondering if it's to small now?

A nice cross ram intake, I bet you'd make another 80+ horsepower without affect low/mid range too much.

• Like 1