In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Silverado Custom (Custom Eyelids)

TB415

So I was playing around with the idea of adding eyelids to the halogen headlights. I know some have replaced the entire grill and headlights but I was looking for something on the budget side. Please give me your thoughts. I will be replacing these since I got the wrong order of film. I was initially going to do them in gloss black to match the grill. Hopefully someone comes out with a fiberglass or carbon fiber version of these. 

3E1D1465-7DBF-4423-BCF7-67102A75281E.jpeg

571F2019-568D-4B58-B144-79693EE9C20A.jpeg

2BB815C2-0506-40BF-AE04-23C432F827E3.jpeg

I would get some tinted or colored film and do the whole headlight. I bought some smoked vinyl for the side markers but after looking at the lights and the pieces I got, it's going to look like crap only partially covered. I found some cool bluish/purple tint film I'm probably going to try in the spring. I found some awesome dual projector replacement lights for the factory halogens but they have been  out of stock since I got my truck in May. I keep hoping they'll come back in stock as that would be a HUGE improvement and not require a grill replacement, which I really like the Custom grill.

1 minute ago, GETGONE said:

I would get some tinted or colored film and do the whole headlight. I bought some smoked vinyl for the side markers but after looking at the lights and the pieces I got, it's going to look like crap only partially covered. I found some cool bluish/purple tint film I'm probably going to try in the spring. I found some awesome dual projector replacement lights for the factory halogens but they have been  out of stock since I got my truck in May. I keep hoping they'll come back in stock as that would be a HUGE improvement and not require a grill replacement, which I really like the Custom grill.

What brand were those dual projectors

Sorry, doesn't work, I'd take them off and scrap the idea as a whole, Maybe tint them with film but either way why would you want to reduce your light output? 

Just my .02 because you asked. 👍

• Like 1

• 1 month later...