In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Perimeter Light/Puddle Light Mirrors on 2021 Trail Boss

I am trying to see if getting mirrors with perimeter lights and puddle lights are a possibility on my 2021 Trail Boss.  My current mirrors are non-memory, non power folding, power and heated with spotter glass (no blind spot detection.)

Im not too interested in adding memory or power folding, more so about adding the perimeter lights and puddle lights.

Anyone successfully done this?

On 12/12/2021 at 8:56 AM, Ricky_Starbucks said:

I am trying to see if getting mirrors with perimeter lights and puddle lights are a possibility on my 2021 Trail Boss.  My current mirrors are non-memory, non power folding, power and heated with spotter glass (no blind spot detection.)

Im not too interested in adding memory or power folding, more so about adding the perimeter lights and puddle lights.

Anyone successfully done this?

You can add them but it takes some doing. Here's a video of someone who added them.

On 12/18/2021 at 3:38 PM, LAAC said:

You can add them but it takes some doing. Here's a video of someone who added them.

Thanks for the reply!  I was more hoping to do a swap of my mirrors to ones that have puddle lights from the factory like: https://www.1aauto.com/2019-20-chevrolet-silverado-1500-driver-and-passenger-side-2-piece-mirror-set-trq-mra09797/i/1amrp03091/1562568/2020

Not looking to drill holes and tap wires, however if a swap to factory (or factory replacement) mirrors is an option I would entertain it.

Thanks again for the link though!

On 12/19/2021 at 4:24 PM, Ricky_Starbucks said:

Thanks for the reply!  I was more hoping to do a swap of my mirrors to ones that have puddle lights from the factory like: https://www.1aauto.com/2019-20-chevrolet-silverado-1500-driver-and-passenger-side-2-piece-mirror-set-trq-mra09797/i/1amrp03091/1562568/2020

Not looking to drill holes and tap wires, however if a swap to factory (or factory replacement) mirrors is an option I would entertain it.

Thanks again for the link though!

You can do a mirror swap, but I believe you will need a different harness and the BMC would need to be flashed for them to actually work, and good luck getting a dealer to do that!

Edited by LAAC
Adding information.

Not quite what you want but I added rock lights on the sides mainly for entry lighting. Might be an option if the mirror thing turns into a bigger project than expected. Adding rock lights requires some work too though.

20190815_201807.jpg

• 1 year later...