Nitto Ridge Grapplers - best size option for stock

Thinking I'd like to upgrade my tires.  I've always ran the Ridge Grapplers and would like to throw them on my new truck.  I've read where guys are running 35x12.5x20 at stock height with no issues, but I'm not sure I'd like to go that big....anyone running something in between stock and a 35" tire that they have been happy with.  I may just throw the stock size on, but would like to hear what others have done size wise.  As of now she's just a grocery getter, so no plan to lift/level, just like the look of a little more aggressive tire.

I think the stock tires are something like 34x11R20, so going up to 35s isn't that big of a leap diameter-wise. 

I have 295/65R20 ordered in Toyo AT3, which are about 35x11.5R20. Unfortunately, they are backordered so I can't report how well they fit. I'm not anticipating any issues though. 

28 minutes ago, TheElementalCashew said:

I think the stock tires are something like 34x11R20, so going up to 35s isn't that big of a leap diameter-wise. 

I have 295/65R20 ordered in Toyo AT3, which are about 35x11.5R20. Unfortunately, they are backordered so I can't report how well they fit. I'm not anticipating any issues though. 

Nice, that's kinda what I thought as well.  I don't see why a 35 wouldn't work, obviously with different offset wheels I'm sure you could run into issues.  I may just stay with a stock size, without a level or lift I don't think the size is awful, but wanted to look at a couple different sizes as sometimes pricing will be better on a random size

I am running 35x11.5x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers  just slightly taller and wider than stock. Think it brought my ride height up about half inch. No real noticeable loss of power or acceleration.  Gas millage never really payed attention. 

But there is plenty of room no rub lock to lock. 

28 minutes ago, Leem said:

I am running 35x11.5x20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers  just slightly taller and wider than stock. Think it brought my ride height up about half inch. No real noticeable loss of power or acceleration.  Gas millage never really payed attention. 

But there is plenty of room no rub lock to lock. 

Running these on stock wheels?

This is a pretty cool web site that let's you visualize the relative sizes of two different tires. 

Doesn't help with the "will it fit" question, but it does show you both the dimensions and a side by side image. 

Tire Comparison

Edit:  Actually it might help with "will it fit" if you use the offset calculator on that site.   It will show the changes in sidewall and running surface locations of stock vs new size. 

Edited by mrjulian416

stock is almost 34 i believe.......plenty of room, plus torsion bars can be turned up a bit without much difference in ride if necessary.......when stock ones wear out ill upgrade, no sense in throwin away perfectly good set of sneakers and stock michelins are actually really good tire......dry/rain they are awesome, no snow where i live