Magnaflow 19534 - anyone try this set-up yet?

I have a ‘21 AT4 with the 6.2L.  I also have a ‘17 Camaro SS, and love the sound!

I would like a little more/better exhaust sound from my AT4, but I don’t want to spend a fortune (GM Perf for example).  I also don’t want anything quite as loud as my Camaro.  I was looking at a Magnaflow replacement muffler with a “J” pipe - anyone tried this one?

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/19534-performance-exhaust-magnaflow-d-fit-muffler-replacement-with-muffler-performance-exhaust-system

3 hours ago, RCF71 said:

I have a ‘21 AT4 with the 6.2L.  I also have a ‘17 Camaro SS, and love the sound!

I would like a little more/better exhaust sound from my AT4, but I don’t want to spend a fortune (GM Perf for example).  I also don’t want anything quite as loud as my Camaro.  I was looking at a Magnaflow replacement muffler with a “J” pipe - anyone tried this one?

https://www.magnaflow.com/products/19534-performance-exhaust-magnaflow-d-fit-muffler-replacement-with-muffler-performance-exhaust-system

Have you had/heard magnaflow before? Exhaust sound is subjective but imo it's very mild/mellow, almost like refined drone.

GM exhaust = Classic muscle

Borla = Deeep/Aggressive 

Corsa = Unique tone (sharp)/Aggressive

Flowmaster = Annoying (deep)/Aggressive drone

That's all I've got, and its just my opinion 😉 

But I highly recommend that whatever you do, go with one you really want! Otherwise you'll eventually get very sick of it and be stuck with it.. Or you'll end up buying the one you should have bought the first time around. 

• Thanks 1

Must be really new. I hadn't seen this before. I purchased the Magnaflow straight pipe that cuts out the muffler but I also cut out the flapper since it's a major restriction. The J pipe should cut out the DFM drone. That was a popular exhaust choice for the 6.0 AFM motor on the Pontiac G8's. I love the straight pipe with the factory resonators in place. It's loud but not super loud when driving. There is a bit of weird sound around 1700-1900 RPM in 10th gear. Other than that it doesn't bother me with the DFM active.

Magnaflow sound depends on the muffler setup you have. I put a cat back on my 2000 Camaro 3.8 V6 and it was LOUD. It was a shorty cross flow muffler. Because of the big back well where the T tops went and the muffler right under it, it resonated in the car a lot. I put sound deadening in the back and it helped some but was still loud. It was somewhat annoying but my now ex wife really hated it!

2 hours ago, GETGONE said:

Must be really new. I hadn't seen this before. I purchased the Magnaflow straight pipe that cuts out the muffler but I also cut out the flapper since it's a major restriction. The J pipe should cut out the DFM drone. That was a popular exhaust choice for the 6.0 AFM motor on the Pontiac G8's. I love the straight pipe with the factory resonators in place. It's loud but not super loud when driving. There is a bit of weird sound around 1700-1900 RPM in 10th gear. Other than that it doesn't bother me with the DFM active.

It’s been around at least 6 months, found it right after I bought my truck in July but couldn’t find any reviews, etc, then either

75+% of my driving is in the range you mentioned it sounding weird, as I drive mostly freeway miles.  That’s part of the reason I was curious about this system as the J pipe supposedly eliminates drone???

On 12/26/2021 at 12:03 PM, M1ck3y said:

Have you had/heard magnaflow before? Exhaust sound is subjective but imo it's very mild/mellow, almost like refined drone.

GM exhaust = Classic muscle

Borla = Deeep/Aggressive 

Corsa = Unique tone (sharp)/Aggressive

Flowmaster = Annoying (deep)/Aggressive drone

That's all I've got, and its just my opinion 😉 

But I highly recommend that whatever you do, go with one you really want! Otherwise you'll eventually get very sick of it and be stuck with it.. Or you'll end up buying the one you should have bought the first time around. 

I have heard a few Magnaflow systems, had one myself years ago.

I want to eliminate the flappers as well without getting drone/weird sound.

• 1 month later...
On 12/26/2021 at 9:05 AM, RCF71 said:

I just ordered this system.  It is currently 20% off at hottexhaust dot com; best price I could find.  I started out with a muffler delete on my 2022 LTD 6.2L but that cold start rattled the windows!  I currently have a flowmaster 40 series and the drone is horrible while cruising on the freeway anywhere around 1500rpm!!  This 19534 direct fit no drone technology system should be what I want!  Hopefully.

stainless.jpg

1 hour ago, gone2trackin said:

I just ordered this system.  It is currently 20% off at hottexhaust dot com; best price I could find.  I started out with a muffler delete on my 2022 LTD 6.2L but that cold start rattled the windows!  I currently have a flowmaster 40 series and the drone is horrible while cruising on the freeway anywhere around 1500rpm!!  This 19534 direct fit no drone technology system should be what I want!  Hopefully.

stainless.jpg

PLEASE give us a quick review on Hottexhaust (saw the sale, but was skeptical of the site personally) and the exhaust as soon as possible!

On 2/15/2022 at 8:59 AM, gone2trackin said:

stainless.jpg

Any updates on this yet? Very interested to get your thoughts...especially with that pricing.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:17 AM, mrtizzom said:

Any updates on this yet? Very interested to get your thoughts...especially with that pricing.

No problems with my order from Hottexhaust, the kit came fedex with tracking pretty quick.  I have not got it back to the muffler shop yet.  I attached a photo, in it you can see the helmholtz resonator welded to the 3.5" pipe to be installed in front of the muffler. 

273985212_265919258889255_8254417880725034692_n.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:48 AM, gone2trackin said:

No problems with my order from Hottexhaust, the kit came fedex with tracking pretty quick.  I have not got it back to the muffler shop yet.  I attached a photo, in it you can see the helmholtz resonator welded to the 3.5" pipe to be installed in front of the muffler. 

Any updates? Super curious how this worked out....

• 5 weeks later...
On 2/23/2022 at 10:48 AM, gone2trackin said:

Any updates?  How is the sound?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 10:53 AM, RCF71 said:

Any updates?  How is the sound?

The system fit in nicely.  I’m happy with it. In fact I often turn off the radio just to listen to the exhaust.  It’s not as loud which to me got obnoxious quick for my daily driver.  The “j pipe” and tuning from this system I believe is going to remove as much in cab freeway drone as you are going to get and have a high flowing performance exhaust.   I thought I was going to have to put my stock muffler back in but this is nice… classy truck sounding.  I don’t run a pulsar with dfm disabled but when I don’t want to hear dfm I put it in L9 and sport mode and enjoy the 6.2L.

• Like 1