2020 gmc sierra ATV heads up display compass not working

3 hours ago, Scully2000 said:

The directional arrow that indicates N,S,E & W no longer working in the HUD? Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

Have you scrolled thru the hud windows? There is a window that has just the speed visible and another window, that has speed and direction. 

I scrolled there the 4 screens and didn't find any with compass direction. Weird thing is it was working since i bought the truck over a year ago and now nothing. Checked to make sure nothing was blocking this feature and all clear.

3 hours ago, Scully2000 said:

I scrolled there the 4 screens and didn't find any with compass direction. Weird thing is it was working since i bought the truck over a year ago and now nothing. Checked to make sure nothing was blocking this feature and all clear.

I have nothing else to add. Sorry. You out of warranty? 

Any chance you had a nav route running when you were scrolling thru the HUD pages?

Tried mine today to verify.

The screen that has displays nav info should have the arrow the nav is providing route guidnce. 

If nav is providing route info and the route is cancelled that arrow pops right back.

HUD has 2 info groups.

One only displays cruise info, speed info, and speed limit info -- stacked one above the other. 

(this is the one I watch 99.9% of the time)

The other group fills a larger area.

When active, it pushes the speed info to the right.

One of of the pages available in this window is navigation info.

If the truck nav is following a route, route info will be displayed.

If no route is being displayed the window should switch to display of have the direction arrow. 

Somehow I messed up and didn't get/save the view when the route was cancelled (but nav portion did switch back to direction info)

HUD with nav info display.

1245320865_20220104_142132_HDR(2).thumb.jpg.347fd89c45b66ceb9fc3d75e9a224a2a.jpg

Display I usually have up.  cruise/speed/limit info only

607056324_20220104_142119(2).thumb.jpg.46d0d68c8c8fb753599d20404c8d459d.jpg

Edited by redwngr

I figured out what happened. Little over a week ago I updated the computer, must of been when my compass arrow disappeared. Anyhow i figured i check my navigation system as you suggested, well when i opened the program i was prompted to sigh back in. Once i signed back in the arrow reappeared and stays on all the time while driving as before, and now all is well. 😉

IMG_6907.jpg

• Like 1

On 1/6/2022 at 6:02 AM, Scully2000 said:

I figured out what happened. Little over a week ago I updated the computer, must of been when my compass arrow disappeared. Anyhow i figured i check my navigation system as you suggested, well when i opened the program i was prompted to sigh back in. Once i signed back in the arrow reappeared and stays on all the time while driving as before, and now all is well. 😉

IMG_6907.jpg

Glad you got it sorted out!