In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

AMP Power Step wiring install

5 hours ago, PeaceKeepr said:

Received my steps yesterday, got the brackets and boards installed. Having issue getting the wiring down the fender wells. Any tips or tricks? Thinking I may pull the wheels/tire & liners out. 

‘21 Elevation CC 4x4

Feed a somewhat stiff wire up from the bottom on top of the wheel liner and tape the connector to it, Or just remove a few of the black screws on the liner by the mud flap and feed the wire loom down from the top66F0C9A3-A909-4993-A402-5735E12DFDF0.thumb.jpeg.bbb7f45b17ae63410b90c4027b09a345.jpeg

I used a rod from a fiber wire fish.  Pushed that through and then taped the AMP wiring harness to it to pull through.  The drivers side was much harder than the passenger IMO.  I was able to push one piece of rob up from the bottom and thread another to that from the top.  That's what worked best for me on the drivers side.  Passenger I used one section of rod and was able to get it all the way through.

I used a fish tape I had laying around and sent it up from the bottom the route I wanted it to follow, taped the cable run I wanted to pull back down to the end of the tape and pulled it through.  You can buy them for under $10, it doesn't need to be super long.

Edited by Kilgore Trout