I tortured my truck

Some here will yell at me and I may deserve it.

But I’m here to tell ya, the rear leaf springs on my 1500 WT reg. cab are STOUT!

I knew when I got this truck that each leaf looked really thick. Way more thicker than the ones that were in my 2017 Tundra TRD.

I loaded a pallet of 80lb. bags of Concrete mix (42 ea.) 3,360 lbs. in the bed.

It squatted in back but the frigging leafs never flattened out.

Hell, my Tundras leafs were maxed out carrying a cu. yd. of garden mix!

The 1500 steered, handled and stopped well. Even had some softness left in the rear suspension over road bumps too.

Even the little 4.8L Vortec showed no sign of strain going up a pretty severe hill.

Truthfully, I felt bad for the old girl swore that I would never do it to her again.

Amazing.

yeah GM makes a hell of a spring, pretty rare to see a broken leaf, hauling scrap metal with my 2500 gvw 8600 it handles the load well. weighs 6200 empty so 2400 payload and it often crosses the scale over 9000. still has plenty of brakes and doesn't bottom the springs out

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sharpz said:

you should have made one of those old timey "Like a Rock" video, like GM used to do back in the day.  Check out this one where the Chevy is pulling like 5 trailers of logs.

Your right, I should have but I was in a hurry to get the load home. I didn’t even take a photo of my truck loaded down!

Nice Cheyenne truck in that commercial. What ever happened to that model name?

Cheyenne was only a base model truck C and K.  C being a base 2 wheel, and K being a 4x4.  There is talk about bringing the name back to the states, but really its just a base silverado so really not any point to it, other then the emblem name which you can get online if you are into that sort of thing.  If you want to see this bad ass new, check out this