Rear passenger side tires stick out about 1/2 to 1 inch more than all the other tires

DPE

Rear passenger side tires stick out about 1/2 to 1 inch more than the all the other tires. I've noticed it for a while and it's been bugging. Is this normal? What could be wrong and how can I fix it? Could it possibly be that one wheel offset could be different than the others and is causing this and possibly a shipment mistake?

Edited by DPE
different

• DPE changed the title to Rear passenger side tires stick out about 1/2 to 1 inch more than all the other tires
1 hour ago, DPE said:

M1ck3y, I am not sure what you mean by " I can take car of the track difference by installing spacers."?

You can add wheel spacers to the front. They go in between the hub and the wheel, in turn pushing the wheel/tire out further. This common practice.

There's others on this forum that more knowledgable than me on this subject. Hopefully they chime in.

But you'll want hub centric/wheel centric spacers. Your hub bore is 78.1mm. The rest depends on whether or not your running an oe wheel or an aftermarket one.

As to why you have one side that lines up and the other doesn't I don't know. 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:35 PM, m4junkie said:

When I was researching the 3.5" Fabtech lift I couldn't find any pics to see what my truck might look like.  

This is the 3.5 Fabetch "budget lift" on a 2019 Silverado.  Moto Metal 0983 Dagger 20" wheels & Toyo 33×12.5  RT tires.  

20190215_172703.jpg

20190215_172515.jpg

On 12/12/2021 at 7:00 AM, rbdjr said:

Looks good nice job!

7 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

As far as I'm aware the drivers side should be out as much as the passenger side. But you can take car of the track difference by installing wheel spacers. 

3 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

You can add wheel spacers to the front. They go in between the hub and the wheel, in turn pushing the wheel/tire out further. This common practice.

There's others on this forum that more knowledgable than me on this subject. Hopefully they chime in.

But you'll want hub centric/wheel centric spacers. Your hub bore is 78.1mm. The rest depends on whether or not your running an oe wheel or an aftermarket one.

As to why you have one side that lines up and the other doesn't I don't know. 

Yeah , that wouldn't make since to put spacers on it would it? That would mean I would put spacers on only 3 tires.

I think it is the offset and am going to take it back in next Saturday to have it looked at. I am paranoid about it lol

Also, I don't think the bed is off to one side.....its a newer truck and never drive crazy or anything. Also, I've had people adjust my alignment, rotate tires etc and they never said anything about it. So, if it wasn't lined up right I would think someone would have noticed and pointed it out to me. 

We'll see when I take it back to the shop.

• Like 1

Stock suspension?  Any modifications to the truck?

Measure the distance from the rear leaf spring to the hub backing plate, it should be the same on both sides.  If not, the differential/axle has shifted.

Is the truck new to you?  Perhaps an unreported accident from a previous owner?

12 hours ago, 16LT4 said:

Stock suspension?  Any modifications to the truck?

Measure the distance from the rear leaf spring to the hub backing plate, it should be the same on both sides.  If not, the differential/axle has shifted.

Is the truck new to you?  Perhaps an unreported accident from a previous owner?

He has a 3.5" lift too