In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2017 Silverado Center Console Swap

Hello All,

I know there are several posts about this same topic, but I am looking to swap out my front jump seat for a center console.   I found part # 84199885 online that says it is for my model year truck (2017 Silverado)   When I ordered the part and gave my VIN, they told me the part doesn't match my VIN.   Does the VIN not match because my truck didn't come with a center console to begin with or is it the wrong part?   How can I verify this console will actually work in my truck?   Since the parts with side trims, shipping, etc. comes to around $700 and are non-returnable, I want to make sure I'm ordering the right thing and don't have to eat $700.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

28 minutes ago, glennmartindell said:

Hello All,

I know there are several posts about this same topic, but I am looking to swap out my front jump seat for a center console.   I found part # 84199885 online that says it is for my model year truck (2017 Silverado)   When I ordered the part and gave my VIN, they told me the part doesn't match my VIN.   Does the VIN not match because my truck didn't come with a center console to begin with or is it the wrong part?   How can I verify this console will actually work in my truck?   Since the parts with side trims, shipping, etc. comes to around $700 and are non-returnable, I want to make sure I'm ordering the right thing and don't have to eat $700.

Thanks in advance,

Glenn

Your vin wont have it listed because it didn't come with it.

Just make sure it's the right color.

It will fit guaranteed.  I just did this in December. 

1 minute ago, dieselfan1 said:

Your vin wont have it listed because it didn't come with it.

Just make sure it's the right color.

It will fit guaranteed.  I just did this in December. 

Thanks for the reply.   How many color options are there?   In the listing it shows as black/red but everyone I've spoken to says it is black with no red in it so not sure why that is in the description.   Do I need to be concerned about the wiring connections or are they plug-n-play?   I think there are some after-market harnesses that are needed to make the 110v outlet and front USB work correctly

Thanks,

Glenn

The part # i used was

It's black with the charging armrest. 

Get all your harnesses here.

This guy is a 10 out 10.

You need the main harness and two USB cables. 

www.harnessdr.com

19 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

The part # i used was

It's black with the charging armrest. 

Get all your harnesses here.

This guy is a 10 out 10.

You need the main harness and two USB cables. 

www.harnessdr.com

Hey Dieselfan1,

Thanks for all the detailed information, much appreciated and sorry for all the dumb questions.   The websites show that part number will not fit my 2017.   Is yours a 2017 or 2018?

Thanks.

You dont need your vin to order it.

They are all the same.

These fit all Silverado/Sierra 

2014-2018 and 2019 LD

1500,2500,3500 dbl cab and crew cabs .

Here's the cheapest I found today....

Screenshot_20220204-104021_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

You are the man!!   Thanks very much for the assist.  I'll get the parts ordered.

Thanks,

Glenn

On 2/4/2022 at 11:57 AM, dieselfan1 said:

It looks like none of the supply houses can get the consoles.   Not sure if it's temporary due to supply chain issues or what.  If anyone has any insight into where I can get a center console, please let me know.

Thanks,

Glenn

Check out www.gmpartsnow.com as well. They are also still running the promotion on their shipping, which is half off. They shipped my entire order for $27 bucks. I worked with Dillion thru email. He knows what he is talking about and is very quick to reply

• 3 weeks later...

Glennmartindell would you be interested in selling your jump seat? I have a console but I am going to save it for when my kids are a bit older and put it back in. Also if anyone knows of any out there let me know. I have looked on eBay and all of them are hammered. 

Edited by 16-3500hd