In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

New tires, Bed Liner AND Leveling Kit

As some of you may know, I upgraded the factory 17” wheels on my RCSB Silverado to Chrome LTZ style wheels from OE Wheels. I foolishly bought Goodyear Eagle GT-II 275/45r 20s and WOW - what a cruddy ride 🤣 First of all, the shop that installed these tires on the rims didn’t even BALANCE my wheels. So not only does a tiny tire ride bad in the RCSB but we have added vibration from non balanced rims / tires. It was a whole mess. Wasted more of my time by having the tires balanced only to realize that these tires in general were no good for the truck. Here are the Goodyears. Maybe some of you have good luck running 275/45’s or maybe I just got a bad set? All in all it seems like my lack of sidewall on a big truck with stock suspension really just wasn’t it…

60059C10-30EE-4BB9-9B07-0332DAF5384D.thumb.jpeg.21d416696a3ee7d96334aae71489562f.jpeg

So I took these rims and tires off and THANKFULLY I hadn’t sold the stock set. Immediately restored a comfortable ride. I hopped onto Costco.com and purchased the correct 275/55r 20’s and waited about a week for them to come in. I decided to go with Michelin Defender LTX’s and man what a difference in ride. I also like the fact that it fills up the wheel wells more. 

3BAC65B1-A2C6-421B-805C-65CCD55ACFC9.thumb.jpeg.175eaddcc85a7101d3fa426def0092e1.jpeg

Crazy what 1” of sidewall can do… initially I wanted to throw all kinds of money at the truck; 4/6 drop, tonneau cover, bed liner etc etc. The more I thought about it the more I concluded that I shouldn’t mess with such a nice truck (at least for now.) For ONE, seeing how going from a stock tire size to one used by some on their dropped trucks really affected my ride quality - it kinda scared me away from the idea of altering the suspension even more. If I’m going to drop the truck, I need a lot in proper suspension upgrades to be able to handle lower profile tires and just living with driving a dropped truck on the daily. Which brings me to my next point, it’s my daily driver. I’d rather put my money into my lowrider project and slam the heck out of that and enjoy that car in my free time. The 2016 RCSB Silverado is a gorgeous truck! The new tires really make it stand out and so do those chrome rims. I’m a tall guy so the height doesn’t bother me. In fact I really love the stock height…

FEA22DE1-54DC-4F4B-92F5-45507FF4EE62.thumb.jpeg.494f60073e45ba16954316eae9bbb369.jpeg

She looks awesome on 275/55r 20’s and chrome wheels!! I do however want to do a rear leveling kit. I have since ordered Belltech drop shackles, a 2° pinion angle shim kit, and Belltech performance shocks. 

1ED9AB97-7346-4C02-8075-39B5710212C6.thumb.jpeg.ddcdd8c78b6d64662e312b7106d1480f.jpeg

Still need to install it, however I prefer a pro to take on the job! 

Just today I took the truck in to our local Line-X and had the Premium bed liner sprayed in. All I can say is WOW. It makes the truck look a whole lot nicer. Plus, it’s going to be nice having that protection out back for whenever I do haul something. 

01679CC9-4D7B-4BD3-B063-E56F03CFA25C.thumb.jpeg.81c20755196a299b44cda61dcfd241df.jpeg

All in all, I’ve been super happy with the truck and these subtle mods have really made it more my style! I can’t wait to have a leveling kit on it. Then later on I definitely want a tri-fold tonneau cover.

Edited by Cosmic Kustoms
  • Like 3

I have basically the same truck but I went with the 2/4 drop. I wonder if my wheels can be polished? I think the Chrome polished look would make the truck look even better. Sorry man, not trying to copy your ride...I guess we both have the same good taste!!

Blackbeauty.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, josney said:

I have basically the same truck but I went with the 2/4 drop. I wonder if my wheels can be polished? I think the Chrome polished look would make the truck look even better. Sorry man, not trying to copy your ride...I guess we both have the same good taste!!

Blackbeauty.jpg

I’m not too sure how they would polish out! I’d do it with caution if you ever decided to. The ones I have are actual Chrome.

Beautiful truck though my man! You’re not copying at all lol. Are you running stock 275/55 20 tires? 

On 2/9/2022 at 6:26 PM, josney said:

Blackbeauty.jpg

If those are factory, believe they have the factory "rubber" clear coat on them. Polishing would probably be a bad idea.