In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Coil overs, are they worth it?

Today I installed Belltech 2212FF shocks out back and I am loving the difference in handling! Whoever owned this truck before me definitely installed some type of leveling kit, as there isn’t as much rake as there would’ve been as a stock Silverado. Out back the handling was a little bumpy, but with the new 2212FF shocks - I can really tell the difference!

D1A6F27D-6F45-4F77-9DE9-0C94DFEB7641.thumb.jpeg.5c0b3536cc9a5329ed995cfa219d2e78.jpeg

Now I know (or at least I’ve heard) that when you drop the rear suspension, the front end will stiffen up. I can definitely feel stiffness in the front end. I believe the drop the previous owner did was 3” due to the absence of the factory block. Will coil-overs alleviate any of the front end stiffness I am experiencing? If so, what do you recommend? It would be cool if they even had a shock that I can use to drop the front a little even. Thanks for any advice! Once again, looking for coil overs for the front, as it’s been stiffened up by the rear being dropped (leveled.)