2022 Silverado 2500HD Center Console Wiring

15 hours ago, funinsun2022 said:

Infotainment sells this upgrade package.  

Very expensive though, almost 2k.  I was still thinking about doing it but since the stock radio is 7" and the upgrade is 8" I need to change bezel/trim plate but haven't been able to find what I would need.  They sell the trim plate individually for the 7" screen but the only thing I have seen for the 8" is having to buy the entire control assembly

• 4 weeks later...

I too am trying to swap my jump seat for a center console. My '22 2500 Custom does not appear to have a wiring harness going to the jump seat under the passenger seat. Does anyone know if I can purchase this harness that runs from the center console to under the dash? I am only looking to power my center console light and USB outlets for charging. I do not need the data function.

Thank you

21 hours ago, Jagerschnapps1 said:

I too am trying to swap my jump seat for a center console. My '22 2500 Custom does not appear to have a wiring harness going to the jump seat under the passenger seat. Does anyone know if I can purchase this harness that runs from the center console to under the dash? I am only looking to power my center console light and USB outlets for charging. I do not need the data function.

Thank you

Yes you can, it is in the first post of the thread.

• Like 1

I just swapped my jump seat for a center console in my 2022 2500 custom.  There was no place to plug in the center console harness and I do not have any spare unused wire harnesses under the carpet.  Has anyone encountered this issue yet? 
Thank you 

7F1F4B98-7BAC-44AE-8A4D-1ADCFFED868D.jpeg

You’re going to need to reference the parts in my original post. From what I’ve found you should have an original jump seat harness that was present underneath your seat. You then need the new wording lead from the dash usb to the console harness, need to buy, which then plugs into your existing jump seat wiring. The new wiring harness connects then spiders off to other locations, in arm rest usb, wireless charger (if applicable), rear usb (if applicable).

I have yet to do any swap this is just the information I’ve compiled along the way. Truthfully I’m ok with keeping my jump seat if I could route the data ports to inside of the arm rest. 

Hello all, came across this thread when looking to add the console usb's to my 2022 3500HD LT with center console and IOR radio. I pulled the blank cover (#5 in the 1st post) and all I can see is a harness running along the passenger side of the console. There is a "y" where it goes under the carpet towards the passenger seat and I can't reach far enough to see where it goes. Is it possible it's clipped to the floor sheetmetal? I really don't want to pull and find out it's not the lead / connector for the usb option. There's no obvious connector available anyway.

Edited by nocturnalmotors

I’m going to speculate that you have the console base wiring harness. It appears there are no leads for any of the additional accessories with that harness. I would assume, based on my research of what I need to do, purchase a higher model harness and swap out your existing one. Adding in the in console USB port and in theory, it should work. 

On 4/8/2022 at 10:03 PM, JS202137 said:

I’m going to speculate that you have the console base wiring harness. It appears there are no leads for any of the additional accessories with that harness. I would assume, based on my research of what I need to do, purchase a higher model harness and swap out your existing one. Adding in the in console USB port and in theory, it should work. 

That would make sense to me, thanks for the reply. I might just "T" off from the power if / when I install either the factory rear seatback tablet holders (grabs power from an upfitter harness in the driver's door jamb sill) or Boost Auto wireless charger (splits the power w/ harness from the existing rear console cig lighter 12v) down the road...

• Like 1

All good options. Wireless charger from Boost Auto is a nice product. I’ve thought about that and doing a wireless CarPlay dongle but don’t want to out in the open hanging from my dash. Worst thing GM did in my opinion putting the data port on the dash vs in the jump seat/console.

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 10:08 PM, JS202137 said:

Please keep me posted in this thread if you don’t mind. Fingers crossed it makes everything work. 

So I changed out a few dash panels yesterday and while every was apart I installed the harness from the back of my dash mounted usb to the center console.  Unfortunately nothing changed.  I still cannot use the usb in the console. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 10:08 PM, JS202137 said:

Please keep me posted in this thread if you don’t mind. Fingers crossed it makes everything work. 

So I did some work on the truck where I had to take the dash apart and I was able to plug in the cable to the port behind the dash usb and plugged it into the center console but did not gain any function on the centerconsole usb or card reader.  My truck is a custom with the ior radio option, this may be the reason.  I am also trying to find info on how to power the light in the center console storage. If anyone has figured it out please let me know. 
Thank you 

• 2 months later...

Hey, just joined this forum. Not new to forums, but new to trucks. 

Does anyone have the part numbers to the two panels. They're the two panels this guy is talking about 5:10 into this video: https://youtu.be/w7KuV9U7cdE, see screenshots attached. 

Or if anyone has a set and is willing to part with them - let me know! 

Thanks ahead! 

Screenshot_20220822-153119_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-153211_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20220822-153309_YouTube.jpg