In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

GM Floor Liners

Hey all, I search and most just have commented that they love the factory liners. What are your opinions on the Silverado vs Z71 Floor Liners. They both look nicely made but the Z71 liners look alittle heavier texture that may catch more debris. Any real differences other than this? 

39074A16-8C43-48AB-8EF9-B52A7DED781B.jpeg

87E2765A-1B20-4DD9-92BF-364B48F90D90.jpeg

Edited by JS202137

I have the z71 liners so can’t speak to the others. The z71 liners are pretty good, no real complaints. Do what you would expect them to do. I did like the liners in my 2017 a little bit better. 

2 hours ago, ssgballistics said:

I have the z71 liners so can’t speak to the others. The z71 liners are pretty good, no real complaints. Do what you would expect them to do. I did like the liners in my 2017 a little bit better. 

Thanks for the feedback. I had the rubber floors in my 17’, I wish this truck had them as well. I haven’t had carpet in my trucks in years so I’m hoping to not completely destroy it since I do work out of the truck. I posted on one of the Facebook groups and seems everyone likes the Z71s better than the standard Chevrolet liners. 

Can't speak to the Z71 liners, but I like how the standard liners keep grip even when climbing in with wet boots.  They feel pretty thin, so have no idea of longevity.

I opted for the new Weathtech HP. They are great. The rubber is more pliable than the original Weathtech so they are much easier to install/remove. 

Jon

15 hours ago, JS202137 said:

I have Weathertech in our Grand Cherokee, I really like them. I was going to just order those for the 22’ but didn’t like how much overhang there is over the kick plate. 

I wonder if WT does that for better protection?

May help keep mud out of the crack between the carpet and the kick plate.  With my old Dodge, I was consistently having to get in there with a brush to keep winter slush from penetrating and rotting the rockers.

On 3/8/2022 at 1:14 PM, sheath said:

I wonder if WT does that for better protection?

May help keep mud out of the crack between the carpet and the kick plate.  With my old Dodge, I was consistently having to get in there with a brush to keep winter slush from penetrating and rotting the rockers.

That actually makes complete sense. For me it’s a aesthetic thing since it only goes half way across the kick plate. If they would have went completely across I think I may have been ok with it. 

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 1:52 PM, JS202137 said:

Hey all, I search and most just have commented that they love the factory liners. What are your opinions on the Silverado vs Z71 Floor Liners. They both look nicely made but the Z71 liners look alittle heavier texture that may catch more debris. Any real differences other than this? 

39074A16-8C43-48AB-8EF9-B52A7DED781B.jpeg

87E2765A-1B20-4DD9-92BF-364B48F90D90.jpeg

take a look at the AT4 floor liners too

for another options

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does the rubber go all the way up behind the gas pedal? Can't quite tell from the photos.

On my 2017 there was a cutout behind the gas pedal I didn't like.