In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

99 - 06 4/6 drop kit on 18’s I need help

So guys I have a 2001 Chevy Silverado extended cab it’s currently on a 2/6 drop but I bought some of the bell tech pro coil springs that’s going to drop it another 2 inches in the front with my 18’s will they clear or will I run into more problems please someone get back to me 

The tire size is a 255/55r18 do u think they will clear with the 2 inch spindles & 2 inch springs together because before when i was replacing the front end with new control arms I ran into problems with the lower ball joint scraping the rims when I had 17’s but the 18’s fixed that problem I just want to make sure everything is good before I put the springs on 

12 minutes ago, Demarcus Body said:

The tire size is a 255/55r18 do u think they will clear with the 2 inch spindles & 2 inch springs together because before when i was replacing the front end with new control arms I ran into problems with the lower ball joint scraping the rims when I had 17’s but the 18’s fixed that problem I just want to make sure everything is good before I put the springs on 

That is because most spindles don't work with 17 inch wheels, did you do any reading before you did this?

Yes those wheels and tires should fit, although I don't know what 18s you have. It is possible that if you have bad offset or backspacing you will be screwed. Should work with stockers though

The ball joint has already been shaved down on both sides when I replaced the lower control arms & the rims are stock gmc 18’s on 255/55r18 coopers nothing is aftermarket at all about the setup 

& no I have not yet installed the lowering springs yet currently rn it’s still at a 2/6 drop with spindles in the front this weekend I planned on doing the springs to make it a 4/6 that’s why I was asking u guys before I put them on