In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2022 Chevrolet Silverado new body style has no 12V DC outlet.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, smit303 said:

I  saw and online link to the owner's manual and it stated both 12v and 120 were there. Obviously wrong. 

If it was on the window sticker, perhaps they need to put them in, or give you back some money. My boyfriend bought a Toyota Camry few years back. He got home and we started looking at the items.. GPS on Window sticker, not on vehicle, and a couple other things.. He argued with them til they spend the 2K and put in the GPS. and other items that were missing. Seems like the sticker is only for a price hike..

I don't see why they would take it out... At least have it in the center console. 

Honestly the USB ports are annoying because they are typically low wattage and charge slow and automatically connect to the radio every time... and that's annoying as hell.

2 USB and 2 USB-C seems like too few also, no? Are there ports for the back seat still?

They are getting us ready for future electric vehicles. Most likely not going to run 12V anywhere in them. So get everyone onto the 120V AC kick.

I just bought an adapter so I can use my 12V air pump.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BigBadSierra said:

They are getting us ready for future electric vehicles. Most likely not going to run 12V anywhere in them. So get everyone onto the 120V AC kick.

I just bought an adapter so I can use my 12V air pump.

I also suspect this all new digital Dash is probably running on less voltage more like 5 to 7 and probably way more sensitive power spikes and interference which given what type of device one plugs into 12V adapters may have been a concern as well.

speculating but with working with computerized electronics for 3 Plus years that's my theory.

Edited by BigBadSierra
  • Thanks 1

Which adapter did you buy for your air pump? how's it working out? I've heard issues about some of these.

Essentially, According to 30 inch rims 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 customers should keep in mind that most trim levels are no longer equipped with a 12-volt outlet. As such, customers that would like to use 12-volt accessories will likely need to purchase a third-party adapter. 

30-inch-wheel.png