This Website

Is this website still active and moderated? I am a member of the 2019-2021 Silverado and Sierra group, but I'm not sure why it hasn't been updated to include 2022 Limited models. There is an entirely new refreshed 2022 Sierra, which also has no place.

Also, the websites platform is so bogged down with ads it renders it barely usable. It results in dozens of instances of the browser just to view the gm-trucks homepage, using substantial memory. I'm wondering if the maintenance of this site has been abandoned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 9:39 PM, txab said:

The last I heard Zane, an Admin, was supposed to be adding a new section.

As for ads, run an ad blocker and all will be well

It appears to this member that Youtube is where it is at with administration. As mentioned we still do not have a 2022 Topic location and now there is talk of 2023's coming out with still no topic section. 

What's up?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 12:18 PM, poppy510 said:

It is astounding that members should have to use an ad blocker to use the website/forum. Seriously, that is the recommended solution?

I've been a member for a looooong time (Jesus, almost 20 years!), the ads are a big turn off, and the main reason I don't frequent the site as often anymore. 

No, I'm not installing an add on to make this ONE site more functional than all the others I frequent. 

Edited by asilverblazer
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

It's 2022 how is it not normal to just install ad blocker as soon as you load up your preferred browser for the first time? Seriously **** ads

No it's not normal. I have not seen any need for one, with the exception of this website (see the image of this site below). It's amazing how many people will argue against requesting the admins reduce the number of ads on this site, which is essentially what you are doing with the "just install an ad blocker" argument.

🙄

image.thumb.png.1b5d2a6b52cc0c60d347a68b8eb380a6.png

• Like 1

21 hours ago, poppy510 said:

No it's not normal. I have not seen any need for one, with the exception of this website (see the image of this site below). It's amazing how many people will argue against requesting the admins reduce the number of ads on this site, which is essentially what you are doing with the "just install an ad blocker" argument.

🙄

image.thumb.png.1b5d2a6b52cc0c60d347a68b8eb380a6.png

Iam with you on this but as far as them reducing ads not going to happen as they get paid for the ads showing. Just wait when the only way to view this site is to turn the ad blocker off. I have a ad blocker and several sites I go to I have to turn it off to view the site.

I get that y'all don't like ads, neither do I, but what do y'all think pays the bills to buy server space, site software etc... The ****** ain't free. You're getting something on every site whether you see it or not. Your ass is being tracked endlessly. Cookies out your ass whether you agree to them or not

You pay $10 for streaming services to avoid ads, bet you won't pay a dime to be able to view websites such as this

Only sites I know you may have to disable ad blocker to view it your being watched and your info being sold. Plus you get  ads

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, txab said:

I get that y'all don't like ads, neither do I, but what do y'all think pays the bills to buy server space, site software etc... The ****** ain't free. You're getting something on every site whether you see it or not. Your ass is being tracked endlessly. Cookies out your ass whether you agree to them or not

You pay $10 for streaming services to avoid ads, bet you won't pay a dime to be able to view websites such as this

Only sites I know you may have to disable ad blocker to view it your being watched and your info being sold. Plus you get  ads

True...Cant argue with that. I originally created this thread because, as a new GMC owner I wanted to joint a forum to discuss the truck. This one seemed to have a bunch of good information, but because of the poor design/look of the site, the number of ads, and how it bogs the CPU down to service all of the pop ups, I legitimately was wondering if the site had been abandoned and had become a zombie site taken over by hackers.

If this model works for the owner, great. I do wonder though, that if there were a "normal" amount of ads and users were actually seeing them rather than running blockers or special browsers with tighter controls (like me), then they might have a really nice site with more users which would in turn be more attractive to advertisers.  It seems to work for every other site out there, why not this one?

• 4 weeks later...

Starting to appear that Zane and company have lost interest in this website. Being a Youtube actor seems to be were the interest is I guess. This morning there is a bunch of garbage in the Ordering 2022 thread, starting to lose confidence in General Motors Production ...........and this website!

• Thanks 1