This Website

On 4/5/2022 at 6:22 PM, poppy510 said:

Is this website still active and moderated? I am a member of the 2019-2021 Silverado and Sierra group, but I'm not sure why it hasn't been updated to include 2022 Limited models. There is an entirely new refreshed 2022 Sierra, which also has no place.

Also, the websites platform is so bogged down with ads it renders it barely usable. It results in dozens of instances of the browser just to view the gm-trucks homepage, using substantial memory. I'm wondering if the maintenance of this site has been abandoned.

Im with ya poppy. I use state of the art browser and now unless I am using VPN the adds here just jam me up. Don't even try it with safari. 

There are times it's more jammy, spammy, and irritating than others and using a iphone good luck.  

On 4/5/2022 at 9:39 PM, txab said:

The last I heard Zane, an Admin, was supposed to be adding a new section.

As for ads, run an ad blocker and all will be well

You are the ONLY active moderator I have observed try and engage to make this a better platform. Thanks but shame on the owners. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, customboss said:

Im with ya poppy. I use state of the art browser and now unless I am using VPN the adds here just jam me up. Don't even try it with safari. 

There are times it's more jammy, spammy, and irritating than others and using a iphone good luck.  

I use an iPhone 5 with an ad blocker. That’s all I use.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

Removed mine because it was causing more problems than helping. When Safari on iphone updated it was better for a while, this about 2 years ago.  I never reinstalled one. I can't see well enough with iphone anymore to do anything but see titles. Sounds like if I could see better I need to reinstall one. 

1 hour ago, customboss said:

Removed mine because it was causing more problems than helping. When Safari on iphone updated it was better for a while, this about 2 years ago.  I never reinstalled one. I can't see well enough with iphone anymore to do anything but see titles. Sounds like if I could see better I need to reinstall one. 

I’m sitting my lazy a$$ on the couch watching TV once it reaches 95 degrees. I’m done yard work. I’m reading constantly. I have a puck on my phone that fits between my fingers. I’m going have to get a new phone shortly there’re going to stop supporting this one with updates. I hate new electronics. I’m not fond of my wife’s iPhone 11. I actually have a harder time seeing a computer. I see good close and far away. My fuzzy vision comes in about arms length. I put in an ad blocker mainly for this website. Other sites I read complain about blockers so I avoid those. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, customboss said:

You are the ONLY active moderator I have observed try and engage to make this a better platform. Thanks but shame on the owners. 

I'm not the only active moderator. Have seen activities by one or two others. I try to drop in 3 times a day for a few minutes just to keep an eye on any SPAM. Now if a member makes a report we get a notification and we take care of it

• Like 3

4 hours ago, 2blocked said:

Signed up to to sign out, this site sucks, great info, but unusable. Not going to load extra crap to run this fiasco. To bad all GM sites are trash, total trash, all of them.

noneedannouncedeparture.jpeg

Edited by txab
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I implore you as an IT guy to please upgrade to at least an iPhone 7. The iPhone 5 is past end of life and is no longer receiving updates and support leaving you vulnerable. I would say iPhone 6 but this year is the last year of updates for it.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

I implore you as an IT guy to please upgrade to at least an iPhone 7. The iPhone 5 is past end of life and is no longer receiving updates and support leaving you vulnerable. I would say iPhone 6 but this year is the last year of updates for it.

I hear  you. I remember Rush Limbaugh pushing the 7 was a good fit for people who didn’t like the 11. I may just take my wife’s 11 and let her upgrade. I’m probably one of the few that likes the smaller size. I hate the idea of a belt clip carrying case. I like just slipping it in my pocket. 

@KARNUTHe is correct but really the 8 is better. The only thing is that the home button is not a full on button. Nice phone though. 

You could get the new iPhone SE. It is almost exactly like your current phone and at $429 it is well priced for the power you get. 

https://www.apple.com/iphone-se/

Unfortunately since you waited for your phone to be EoL you will not get any trade in money.

Edited by shakenfake

10 minutes ago, shakenfake said:

@KARNUTHe is correct but really the 8 is better. The only thing is that the home button is not a full on button. Nice phone though. 

You could get the new iPhone SE. It is almost exactly like your current phone and at $429 it is well priced for the power you get. 

https://www.apple.com/iphone-se/

Unfortunately since you waited for your phone to be EoL you will not get any trade in money.

Actually it’s an 5s or SE. I have a little time left, but it’s time to move. Thank you for your help.