This Website

• 1 month later...

4-and-a-half months after this original post, and still no new forum sections have been created for the 2022/2023/new models.

Evidently the Admins really did abandon the forums on this site a couple of years ago!  Without so much as a note telling us thanks and it had been nice!

(But alas, not abandoned until after they choked the useful functionality of the site clear down with all the ads, and then had their own Moderators tell us to block the ads to continue to view the site, which is the very definition of asinine.)

Oh well, at least the last people on here can read all about Marty’s weekly oil changes. 

16 hours ago, shakenfake said:

@MaverickZ71It's not a different generation. There is no reason why they would create a different section.

Then they can update the headings. Whatever they do—it wouldn’t take 5 minutes, but the fact is they haven’t paid attention to or given a sh1t about their creation for 2 years. Unprofessional at best. 

• Like 1

Ok I use my iPhone for everything. I got this site set up to read each new hit no matter the subject. I’m no techy. I also have an ad blocker. So that must be easy. I don’t have any problems. Some sites ****** about ad blockers screw them I don’t need them. I marvel how inpatient and condescending some people are. The sites has its moments. Then someone asked a question that gives me a tickle reminds me of my learning days. In regards to automobiles. I wish I had these type of sites when I was first at  it in the seventies. I broke stuff learning. Now you just hit the net. I wouldn’t have put that cam in my nova with a 273 gear. It had a nice lump going slow as hell. Rock on.

17 hours ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Always right. 

The one thing that has been proven on this site is the few remaining active members seem to be surrounded by monkeys, clowns, and wannabe oil experts, all of whom insist on getting the last word. 

Not wrong there either 🤣

But if you are unhappy with the site I would suggest moving to SilveradoSierra. Probably my favorite of the sites.

This site is pretty much going down the tubes. I run an ad blocker works great but 90% of the time I hit the back button and all it does is spin waiting for it to go back, sometimes I get just a white screen and have to reload the page several times to get it to work. Soon it will be www.gmtruckads.com

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

My biggest gripe on this site?  One and done posters.  Some people ask legit questions and they get answered by someone on here, or those that try to help ask another question and then poof.  Gone.  No reply back.  That's not a reflection of this site, it's just annoying.

Otherwise I prefer it here over the facebook groups all day long.  If you don't have the notifications turned off it gets WAY out of hand.  The amount of keyboard warriors is insane too on those groups.  People will provide an answer and like 1 hour later there's 20 other people with wrong answers or just absolutely useless replies.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

This sites one and done posters are more numerous than the other sites I belong to. Nature of the beast? I think those posters come here out of frustration from a search, then fix the problem or don't like the answers because they are looking for a definite solution. Anybody's guess.

Facebook, I tried a local page for our subdivision in the rural mountains of Colorado, I lasted a short time. Thus when I found this meme I thought it was perfect..............

Organism Happy Font Adaptation Poster

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Is there any way I can pay for a membership to get rid of all the ads? Also is there a way to change the appearance of the threads? This is the jerkiest, most awful interface of any forum I've been on in my 20 or so years online. It's a shame because it seems to be a well-traveled forum with endless information. 

Edited by Prospect62

20 hours ago, Prospect62 said:

Is there any way I can pay for a membership to get rid of all the ads? Also is there a way to change the appearance of the threads? This is the jerkiest, most awful interface of any forum I've been on in my 20 or so years online. It's a shame because it seems to be a well-traveled forum with endless information. 

Agreed you have to trick **** this website to use it. Try a browser like Opera or Brave on a VPN that screws their process and almost makes it bearable.  Both are free and Brave lately works better.  Most ad blockers will collect data on your browsing sadly but many here use that as diyer2 shared.