2022 refreshed Sierra stereo static

Hey folks 

I know the trucks too new for most of you guys to have this issue but I recently started getting static feedback on my new stereo. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a phone call, radio, Sirius, or car play. Certain times the truck will just have this static and if I shut it off and restart it will go away. Any ideas? 

E9881B58-AEB8-4F8D-B02A-96D729854453.jpeg

Another poster mentioned it in a different thread:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/256642-2022-refreshed-silverado-dash-and-radio-issues/?do=findComment&comment=2581621

seems like plenty of technical glitches are showing up relating to all the refreshed tech in the interior. I can’t really say I’m surprised unfortunately. Can’t wait for mine to get here 🤣

• 4 weeks later...

2022 Silverado trail boss after the first time I washed it I get the static anything over 1/4 volume… I’m pissed waited for this new interior and here I am driving my 16 again because I can’t even listen to music. At first it would go away but now it’s everyday 

On 4/30/2022 at 4:04 PM, Aaron M said:

Hey folks 

I know the trucks too new for most of you guys to have this issue but I recently started getting static feedback on my new stereo. Doesn’t matter whether it’s a phone call, radio, Sirius, or car play. Certain times the truck will just have this static and if I shut it off and restart it will go away. Any ideas? 

On 5/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, Bigdr_5 said:

My new Silverado does the same thing. 

On 5/30/2022 at 9:11 AM, BrandonC said:

2022 Silverado trail boss after the first time I washed it I get the static anything over 1/4 volume… I’m pissed waited for this new interior and here I am driving my 16 again because I can’t even listen to music. At first it would go away but now it’s everyday 

On 6/4/2022 at 4:34 PM, Will Byman said:

I have a 2022 sierra doing the same thing. The most static is during a thunderstorm but it seems to glitch out with more bass, almost like a blown speaker except it goes away sometimes.

Mine did it once. 

GM knows about it, fix on the way.  Affects new big screen and the normal 6 speaker system, does NOT affect Bose.  

#PIT5906: Poor Sound Quality – Static distortion in IOK radio with UQF Audio - (Apr 5, 2022)

Subject: Poor Sound Quality – Static distortion in IOK radio with UQF Audio

Condition

Customers may notice that there is static coming from all speakers, regardless of volume or audio source.

Cause

The cause of the condition may be a software anomaly in the radio.

Correction

Do not replace the radio for this particular concern.  Engineering is aware of the issue and is working on a solution. 

For vehicles repaired under the Bumper-to-Bumper coverage (Canada Base Warranty coverage), use the following labor operation. Reference the Applicable Warranties section of Investigate Vehicle History (IVH) for coverage information.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2022 at 10:03 PM, 22Rado said:

Is this the problem you guys are experiencing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks9v7a1_dvg

Mine isnt that bad, but does sound very similar. Mine is more of a crackling, but it happens quick, doesnt go with the bass like yours did. I noticed mine will do it the worst and more consistently when the truck auto starts while driving. I also was able to make it do it when pressing the window up/down button. 

Funny thing was this started happening for me shortly after my battery died after a week of sitting in the garage after getting back from vacation.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, newdude said:

Those experiencing this, GM has a reprogram available now. 

Awesome! I made an appointment to take it in for this and 2 other issues to get on record. Do you happen to have a tsb or anything I can tell them?