Chasing a ticking/ clicking sound. Does this look like an exhaust leak?

Had a ticking/ clicking sound for quite a while.  Used a stethoscope and it doesn't seem to be coming from anywhere on the engine.   It only happens once the it has warmed up a while,  sounds fine on cold start.   Does this look like it could be an exhaust leak at the clamp just in front of the exhaust pipe? 

20220511_181433.jpg

Edited by kojimep

1 hour ago, kojimep said:

20220511_181422.jpg

Rythmatic ticking sound?  In gear?  Out of gear? 

The only "ticking/clicking sounds" that I've ever heard, in my lifetime, have been cracked flywheels (transmissions) or lifters (even with the engine being cold).

10 hours ago, CamGTP said:

I don't see any soot trails but that doesn't mean it's not leaking.

Fill a spray bottle with soapy water and soak it down, see if it starts to bubble.

Good Idea, I'll give that a try thanks.

9 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Rythmatic ticking sound?  In gear?  Out of gear? 

The only "ticking/clicking sounds" that I've ever heard, in my lifetime, have been cracked flywheels (transmissions) or lifters (even with the engine being cold).

The ticking matches engine rpm and goes up/down with it, and makes the sound both at idle in park, and while driving (though harder to hear over the wind noise).  It is particularly noticeable with the window down in a drive through where theres a solid brick wall next to the vehicle to bounce sound off of.  I've used a stethoscope to try and see if any of the lifters are louder than the others, I've checked the vacuum pump, the fuel pressure rail, the exhaust manifold bolts, and no location so far seems to sound worse than any other.  I'm running out of ideas to check lol.

Also, just noticed I put this in the wrong sub last night on mobile smh. Sorry.

10 hours ago, kojimep said:

Good Idea, I'll give that a try thanks.

The ticking matches engine rpm and goes up/down with it, and makes the sound both at idle in park, and while driving (though harder to hear over the wind noise).  It is particularly noticeable with the window down in a drive through where theres a solid brick wall next to the vehicle to bounce sound off of.  I've used a stethoscope to try and see if any of the lifters are louder than the others, I've checked the vacuum pump, the fuel pressure rail, the exhaust manifold bolts, and no location so far seems to sound worse than any other.  I'm running out of ideas to check lol.

Also, just noticed I put this in the wrong sub last night on mobile smh. Sorry.

No worries, about the wrong location for this.

Flywheels will do as you described, try using the stethoscope on your transmission, see if you hear the ticking there.