Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Forward collision and lane keep assist still a problem on 2022 refresh?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Jason Holder said:

So I am probably jinxing myself right now, for me I did the fuse pull and put back in and it has been working again for the last 5 days. We'll see. 

Mine has been working for a few weeks after I bent the fuse spades a tiny bit to ensure a snug fit. We took a trip from Las Vegas to San Francisco this Last week. There was a huge gap in temps. This is my theory:  The fuse block has a defect in the space tolerance, which means that the natural expansion and contraction would cause it to throw the code. Here in Vegas, we have high temps during the day and a 20+ degree drop during the night. With the drop, the metal contracts and loses contact, resulting in the code. It always happens during the night. It's never gone out while driving, or during the higher day temps. With my trip, the highest temps last week in San Fran were in the 60s, and we drove straight through to Las Vegas. Everythingis still working fine. That's my 2 cents worth! 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kaylan Steen said:

Mine has been working for a few weeks after I bent the fuse spades a tiny bit to ensure a snug fit. We took a trip from Las Vegas to San Francisco this Last week. There was a huge gap in temps. This is my theory:  The fuse block has a defect in the space tolerance, which means that the natural expansion and contraction would cause it to throw the code. Here in Vegas, we have high temps during the day and a 20+ degree drop during the night. With the drop, the metal contracts and loses contact, resulting in the code. It always happens during the night. It's never gone out while driving, or during the higher day temps. With my trip, the highest temps last week in San Fran were in the 60s, and we drove straight through to Las Vegas. Everythingis still working fine. That's my 2 cents worth! 😂

Mine happened in the middle of the day most of the times and once or twice in the morning... Most of the time I was stopping at a gas station and when I got back to the truck, The system failed again(tuck was off and I started it when I got back from the store)

The fuse legs sits very tight, I don't think this is our issue...

 

BTW, one week after the module swap. Still works fine, no need for fuse pulls...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Manny Man said:

Mine happened in the middle of the day most of the times and once or twice in the morning... Most of the time I was stopping at a gas station and when I got back to the truck, The system failed again(tuck was off and I started it when I got back from the store)

The fuse legs sits very tight, I don't think this is our issue...

 

BTW, one week after the module swap. Still works fine, no need for fuse pulls...

That's awesome! I will add, location temps and humidity will play a part as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just started having this issue yesterday. I cleaned off in front of the camera and when that didn't work I found this thread. I removed and reinstalled the fuse a couple of times and it only reset it for a second. I then used one of the replacement fuses and that didn't help either. I have an appointment scheduled but it's not until the end of next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SoxFan1901 said:

I just started having this issue yesterday. I cleaned off in front of the camera and when that didn't work I found this thread. I removed and reinstalled the fuse a couple of times and it only reset it for a second. I then used one of the replacement fuses and that didn't help either. I have an appointment scheduled but it's not until the end of next week.

So, if it worked for a little bit, I would bend the spades slightly, and wait 10 minutes before you reinstall it. That's kind of what happened to me as well, but after bending the spades a bit, I've not had an issue at all. Worth a try, either way, this is proving to be an electrical issue. So, fuse blocked and/or wiring harness. If it's wiring harness, that's going to be awful to try and figure out and repair.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dealership visit happened yesterday and they replaced the “camera/cornea” and all was resolved. Was a faulty eye and part was overnighted and replaced.  Took 10 hrs but the issue is fixed. Are any of you under warranty still? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JGoose11 said:

Dealership visit happened yesterday and they replaced the “camera/cornea” and all was resolved. Was a faulty eye and part was overnighted and replaced.  Took 10 hrs but the issue is fixed. Are any of you under warranty still? 

Most of us have less than 5k on the trucks. Hopefully, yours was that issue, but after my experience with  jeep wrangler ruby, I don't trust the dealerships. All that Jeep needed was a software update. The lead mechanic told me that they are forced by the dealer to do repairs to placate the customer to show that they were "trying" to fix the issue until a update was pushed, and they made thousands off of doing needless repairs. They make money off repairs, including warranty. There's another thread here that had the camera replaced and it lasted a few days, then did the same thing. I don't mean to be a Debbie downer, but I want you to be as informed and educated as possible. Good luck to you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m educated and informed so thanks and appreciate everyone’s help, but it is their job to fix it. It’s only time I have to spend. I’ll take it back until they get it right if I have to. If it’s fixed then I’m happy. Hopefully it’s not a consistent Chevy problem or I’ll cut my losses inside 5k if I have to 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 3:22 PM, Kaylan Steen said:

So, if it worked for a little bit, I would bend the spades slightly, and wait 10 minutes before you reinstall it. That's kind of what happened to me as well, but after bending the spades a bit, I've not had an issue at all. Worth a try, either way, this is proving to be an electrical issue. So, fuse blocked and/or wiring harness. If it's wiring harness, that's going to be awful to try and figure out and repair.

I tried waiting more than 10 minutes and bent the spades on the fuse but when I put the fuse back in the light comes back on 5 seconds later. I tried that several times and had no luck. There must be a fault somewhere in the system that is making the light come on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, SoxFan1901 said:

I tried waiting more than 10 minutes and bent the spades on the fuse but when I put the fuse back in the light comes back on 5 seconds later. I tried that several times and had no luck. There must be a fault somewhere in the system that is making the light come on.

You’re removing the fuse when the truck is off, correct?🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SoxFan1901 said:

I tried waiting more than 10 minutes and bent the spades on the fuse but when I put the fuse back in the light comes back on 5 seconds later. I tried that several times and had no luck. There must be a fault somewhere in the system that is making the light come on.

The truck needs to be off before you pull the fuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I am doing it with the truck off. When I start the truck after putting the fuse back in the light comes back on and a message comes up saying forward collision alert is not available. It must need something more than a reset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, SoxFan1901 said:

Yes, I am doing it with the truck off. When I start the truck after putting the fuse back in the light comes back on and a message comes up saying forward collision alert is not available. It must need something more than a reset.

Yeah, thats different than mine. My forward collision wasn't the first thing, it was lane assist. The next day was the collision, and by 3rd day cruise control was out. I've not had any issues after I tweaked the fuse and reset. You could also take the battery cables off for 10 minutes and it should reset the ECM before you haul it up to the dealer. Worth a shot to avoid the aggravation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.