'15 GMC Sierra 6.2L 70k Miles - Bent rod cyl 6

Took it in to a mechanic and had zero compression on cylinder 6. They took the top side off and found a bent rod and replaced the 4 lifters on that side. Truck has been put back together and now cylinder only has 50 compression in that cylinder. The truck runs and starts no problem but has a slight vibrations at low rpms. Should I try to wait and replace the engine or try to trade it in when I have a little more money?

Ask yourself.

Do I love this truck enough to put more money into it and keep it for the long haul?

That us what you should do. Asking for others opinions can lead you to more money out of pocket and resentment if you do not like the truck and end up having more issues down the road.

I say if you like the Truck and want to keep it. Have a shop install a dog delete kit from Brian tooley racing and a decent cam to match. Then have the truck programed. Then you can live worry free while driving and know this will not be an issue again.

🍻 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, BearOleMiss said:

Took it in to a mechanic and had zero compression on cylinder 6. They took the top side off and found a bent rod and replaced the 4 lifters on that side. Truck has been put back together and now cylinder only has 50 compression in that cylinder. The truck runs and starts no problem but has a slight vibrations at low rpms. Should I try to wait and replace the engine or try to trade it in when I have a little more money?

Did they replace the VLOM?  GM wants this replaced for a lifter failure.  Did they inspect the camshaft for damage?  Has one of the new lifters failed?  Top of the piston OK, no holes?  

IMO, I'd take it back and have him tear it down again.  Something is broke or wrong somewhere.  

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Ask yourself.

Do I love this truck enough to put more money into it and keep it for the long haul?

That us what you should do. Asking for others opinions can lead you to more money out of pocket and resentment if you do not like the truck and end up having more issues down the road.

I say if you like the Truck and want to keep it. Have a shop install a dog delete kit from Brian tooley racing and a decent cam to match. Then have the truck programed. Then you can live worry free while driving and know this will not be an issue again.

🍻 

Exactly what I did that was at 77XXX miles I now have 143XXX something like that no problem at all highly recommended the dod/afm delete with Brian Tooley Racing 

Edited by Frankielozano214
  • Thanks 1

Yeah man I see this type of thread popup way too often. It's always the same. Dealer is working with me on the cost. 

5k later.... they are back passed like !@##$

I smh when I read this and think if I had this issue why go back to the same parts that failed🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🙇‍♂️

9 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Yeah man I see this type of thread popup way too often. It's always the same. Dealer is working with me on the cost. 

5k later.... they are back passed like !@##$

I smh when I read this and think if I had this issue why go back to the same parts that failed🤷🏽‍♂️🤦🙇‍♂️

Make no sense 😂 just do the dod/afm delete with cam ( plus tune) and never deal with it again.

14 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

Make no sense 😂 just do the dod/afm delete with cam ( plus tune) and never deal with it again.

Agreed man. That is the most sensible legit thing to do. Unless a person just has a money tree growing.

Where they do that at???😂🤑

2 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Agreed man. That is the most sensible legit thing to do. Unless a person just has a money tree growing.

Where they do that at???😂🤑

😂 idk but I could use some free money, heard the kit I bought from Brian Tooley Racing like two years ago now cost $1300ish and didn’t include some pieces that were on back order (I bought for 825$)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

😂 idk but I could use some free money, heard the kit I bought from Brian Tooley Racing like two years ago now cost $1300ish and didn’t include some pieces that were on back order (I bought for 825$)

Hell I better get me a 6.2 and get ready to swap the way ish is going now that kit will be $3k by end of this year lmao!🤣🤣🤣

Anyone with a money tree wanna let me prune a couple grand? I promise to post where the money gets planted 🤣

I can't say it will grow anything tho lol

• Like 1