07 NNBS 5.3 Starts and Runs After Pulling Both Relay and Fuse to Fuel Pump

Also, turn key on and hear the pump run so it's clearly not just residual fuel in lines.

Have seen older discussions of possible shorts in or faulty fuel modules up near spare tire causing this, do all who know concur with that as the main reason?    Any other experiences with this problem?

Trying to relieve fuel pressure so as to pull the fuel rail schrader valve and empty tank via the pump but so far can't get the damn pump to stop pumping.

thx

In that year, there is no separate fuel pump control module.  The main computer controls the pump.  I don't profess to know everything but twice on '07s I've tried to interact with the fuel pump with a Tech-2 and was not successful.

Unplug it or cut it.

Actually it does.  Looked further in to it and see the "FSCM" (fuel sys control module) fuse so I pulled that and it finally stopped the damn fuel flow.  Question remains for anyone who knows - why is the fuel pump running with no fuse or relay?   Hate to see the circuit protection bypassed.

• Like 1

Posted over there ages ago seems like, good memory.     I recall your name.  Wrapping the build up actually.   Swapped the 4L60 for a built 65, custom driveshaft, beefier springs/shocks for towing, etc.   she's just about done finally.    One of a kind.

• Like 1

Huh?   So you're a mind reader and know what others "assume"?   You sound stable. I have no idea what you do or don't know and couldn't care less.  If you dont know what NNBS means, obviously it wasnt intended for you.  By your logic, my job is to explain every word I use in my posts so as not to "assume" you're not a moron?   What I DO "assume" is that if you dont know something I write you'll either ask or look it up.