Anybody else hate their factory Goodyear Wranglers?

E's or C's?  3 peak mountain snowflake symbol or no?  The C's on my 22 trail boss  I have are not great on really cold frozen stuff.  The deep new snow plows great.  Compound that gets 3 peak symbol = 10% more traction when you need it. 

13 hours ago, Bikerjon said:

I have 20" Duratracs on my 2021 Trail Boss and love them. They make a little humming noise at highway speeds. These tires stick like glue in all conditions that i have driven in. Everything in life is a compromise, if tire noise is a huge concern you can compromise and run something quieter.

Mine have the 3 peak mountain snowflake symbol. I looked for the traction rating, it looks like B ? I don't know I could not see very well in my garage. But they definitely have the 3 peak symbol. I guess I just lucked out on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bikerjon said:

Mine have the 3 peak mountain snowflake symbol. I looked for the traction rating, it looks like B ? I don't know I could not see very well in my garage. But they definitely have the 3 peak symbol. I guess I just lucked out on that.

E only version that gets 3 peak snowflake rating. You are golden for bad weather then. 

Might take a look at Toyo Open Country A/T. I changed my stockers out before my first winter up here in Michigan for a set after picking up my '20 AT4. 3-peak rated and did well up here and really impressed how they did in the wet. Very little noise too.

-Grover67

thumbnail (39).jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grover67 said:

Might take a look at Toyo Open Country A/T. I changed my stockers out before my first winter up here in Michigan for a set after picking up my '20 AT4. 3-peak rated and did well up here and really impressed how they did in the wet. Very little noise too.

-Grover67

thumbnail (39).jpeg

Outfitters out here in Southern CO like Goodyear E rated Duratracs for snow ice and mud and some stud them.  Another Outfitter and tree dude here I like highly recommended the Toyo's too.  Thanks for input. Michelin Aeglis are another option to get the 3 peak rating which matters when cold and icy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, customboss said:

Outfitters out here in Southern CO like Goodyear E rated Duratracs for snow ice and mud and some stud them.  Another Outfitter and tree dude here I like highly recommended the Toyo's too.  Thanks for input. Michelin Aeglis are another option to get the 3 peak rating which matters when cold and icy.

I had the Michelin Aeglis on a couple of my work vehicles and they worked very well also and wouldn't hesitate going with those either. 

Good luck on your search

-Grover67

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 7:38 AM, Grover67 said:

I had the Michelin Aeglis on a couple of my work vehicles and they worked very well also and wouldn't hesitate going with those either. 

Good luck on your search

-Grover67

Thanks so much Grover67, very appreciated! 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:10 AM, Railroad_Jim said:

Yea, I'm not the only one....

I have a 2020 Custom Trail Boss with the 18" Duratracs and they are louder than anything I've ever experienced.  I only have 15,000 miles on my truck and have been rotating them every 5000, and the amount of noise over 40mph drives me crazy!  Like others mentioned, they seem to suck in wet weather, but were good in the snow.  And I have to admit that they do look pretty awesome, which is part of the reason that I bought this truck with the fake rollbar and all.  :)

I've been eyeing up a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers, or BFG KO2s, but I'd really like to ride in somebody's truck with those tires to see how the sound level compares.

Had the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my old 2018 Silvarado Z71, & loved them. MUCH quieter than these Goodyears, rode better, looked better, & always had all the traction I needed.

Of course I'm not out there rock crawling, or mud bogging, or even driving in a lot of snow. I live in GA and have a farm up in KY and do "use" the truck off road, but don't off road in it for fun. I have 4 wheelers & SxSs for that, I'm not going to beat up my truck. 99.9% of my driving is on the roads and I expect that would be the case with almost all of us driving a stock AT4. I bought it for the small factory lift, the 4WD, & the awesome standard equipment & technology, & because it's the best looking truck on the road (IMO). I love the head-up display, the adaptive cruise, the mini-max diesel, & pretty much everything about this truck. I just wish GM would have put some better tires on it from the factory.

Are there really people out there that go buy a $60,000 AT4 truck thinking they can go to a mud bogging or a rock climbing and compete? Or go run the Baja? I don't think so. This is not the same kind of truck as the Ford Raptor either, more like an F150 FX4 King Ranch.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 9:10 AM, Railroad_Jim said:

Yea, I'm not the only one....

I have a 2020 Custom Trail Boss with the 18" Duratracs and they are louder than anything I've ever experienced.  I only have 15,000 miles on my truck and have been rotating them every 5000, and the amount of noise over 40mph drives me crazy!  Like others mentioned, they seem to suck in wet weather, but were good in the snow.  And I have to admit that they do look pretty awesome, which is part of the reason that I bought this truck with the fake rollbar and all.  :)

I've been eyeing up a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers, or BFG KO2s, but I'd really like to ride in somebody's truck with those tires to see how the sound level compares.

Had the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my old 2018 Silvarado Z71, & loved them. MUCH quieter than these Goodyears, rode better, looked better, & always had all the traction I needed.

Of course I'm not out there rock crawling, or mud bogging, or even driving in a lot of snow. I live in GA and have a farm up in KY and do "use" the truck off road, but don't off road in it for fun. I have 4 wheelers & SxSs for that, I'm not going to beat up my truck. 99.9% of my driving is on the roads and I expect that would be the case with almost all of us driving a stock AT4. I bought it for the small factory lift, the 4WD, & the awesome standard equipment & technology, & because it's the best looking truck on the road (IMO). I love the head-up display, the adaptive cruise, the mini-max diesel, & pretty much everything about this truck. I just wish GM would have put some better tires on it from the factory.

Are there really people out there that go buy a $60,000 AT4 truck thinking they can go to a mud bogging or a rock climbing and compete? Or go run the Baja? I don't think so. This is not the same kind of truck as the Ford Raptor either, more like an F150 FX4 King Ranch.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daveymw said:

Lowest bidder by friend.

• Haha 1

When I swapped from BFGoodrich to the Goodyear DuraTracs, there was a very noticeable difference in off road capability.  Though I don't off road as often as I would like, the DuraTracs have definitely kept me from getting stuck on multiple occasions.  I can easily traverse ground in 2WD that required 4WD before the upgrade, which is good enough for me to say they perform more than adequate for my needs.  Granted, I'm primarily in mud and sand when I off road, so I am in no way providing accurate input for those people who will be traversing rocky areas, shale,  snow, and other significantly different surfaces.  As I mentioned earlier, there is some increased noise, but its a minimal annoyance and the increased capability outweighs the noise, at least right now it does :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gangly said:

When I swapped from BFGoodrich to the Goodyear DuraTracs, there was a very noticeable difference in off road capability.  Though I don't off road as often as I would like, the DuraTracs have definitely kept me from getting stuck on multiple occasions.  I can easily traverse ground in 2WD that required 4WD before the upgrade, which is good enough for me to say they perform more than adequate for my needs.  Granted, I'm primarily in mud and sand when I off road, so I am in no way providing accurate input for those people who will be traversing rocky areas, shale,  snow, and other significantly different surfaces.  As I mentioned earlier, there is some increased noise, but its a minimal annoyance and the increased capability outweighs the noise, at least right now it does :)

Mud dirt, sand, gravel, rocky roads they perform. If you go snow or icy get the E's