In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Trail Boss and Multi Level Parking Structure Clearance?

1 hour ago, Street Queen said:

Will a 2022 Trail Boss generally fit in multi level parking structures?  Some parking structures around here have a warning at the entrance stating 6' - 8' range clearance. 

6 ft 8 is 80 in.  These trucks are 78.35 in according to GM.

Your gonna have to be very careful. The truck is long enough to where the parking deck transitions may be very close to the cab, thankfully you have a radio antenna that is just higher than the can to use as a guide. 

My RST just barely fit in one of those garages and i opened the sunroof just to see how close the roof beams were and I could slap each one as I drove through. 

I've had the antenna scrape a few times ( AT4 ), didn't have the wherewithall to open the sunroof and slap the beams though....

i had an RST that i put the 2.5" rough country lift on (2.5" block on back, 3" block on front) and put 33's. My work structure is 6'6" clearance and i was about 1" or less from clearing the lowest part. I know the structure well and drove slow on off hours to confirm. My antenna hit 3 hanging signs, but not the fire sprinklers or low ceiling area (the ceiling area was the closest with previously mentioned height). 

Posted (edited)

Not sure that I really trust all of the stated heights on these parking structures. Especially older ones. Went on vacation and the hotel in Galveston had one. It had headache bar with the stated height for the structure, and we had to park a 6 seater golf cart with bigger tires we rented inside due to flooding during a storm. The slanted roof on that thing went in just fine under the height bar, but hit pretty severely the fire sprinkler pipes that hanged lower than the beams. After realizing I was able to avoid them. Guessing the height was for the beams, and not the sprinklers too.

I get it wasn't intended for a golf cart in there, but just made me not trust the heights after that. Even saw a few stock AT4s pull in (thankfully slowly), but was still cringe to watch. 

Edited by claw2791