New 2022 Sierra AT4 with 35" Tires (No Lift) and Borla Quad tip exhaust

On 6/27/2022 at 5:08 AM, FJB said:

when the DFM kick in dos the  exhaust sound annoying ?

I actually like the little gurgle it makes when all the cylinders turn back on.

And no the exhaust doesn't sound annoying at all and at highway speeds you can't really hear it much. I don't know if it'll be considerably louder with all 8 cylinders firing at that speed.

• 1 month later...

I don't really bother airing down anymore.  With the rear locker, god tires, and traction control turned off, you would be surprised at how capable these trucks are.  Even with this newer and larger Silverado, I've driven in a wide variety of sand and have never gotten stuck while operating with normal tire pressures.  I don't know what the reason why is, but my Z71 has done excellent in all types of sand.  It can be slow going in deep sugar sand, but it still goes through just fine.  I spent several hours at the beach a few weeks ago towing people out of sugar sand dunes and I never aired down.  However, airing down to 20 PSI can make a significant difference in the amount of spinning you do, ie plowing through the sand as opposed to riding on top of the sand, and it makes for a significantly more comfortable beach drive a well.

Basically, I rarely see the need to air down anymore with the rear locker and the DuraTracs, but if you choose to then feel confident knowing you can air down to around 20 PSI.  I have read of people going down to 12 PSI on 20's, but if you have to go that low then there is a good chance you are about to do something you should probably reconsider :)

• 4 weeks later...

Is anyone else having an issue with receiving calls? I have Samsung S22 and when I receive a call, the call transfers to the Truck's infotainment and completely disappears from the phone. with other vehicles, the phone screen still displays the calling screen whereas with the GM, there is no call screen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • GM90 changed the title to New 2022 Sierra AT4 with 35" Tires (No Lift) and Borla Quad tip exhaust

I took these while I was installing the tires back few months ago.

01.jpg

In the first picture, You can see how the mudflap looks WITHOUT the metal bracket, that used to be there. The aqua color indicates where I used the screws to secure the mudflap. I also trimmed the wheel liner, indicated by the red line. This is trial and error.

02.jpg

03.jpg

Online you'll see some people just chop the plastic mudflap in half. I wanted to take out as little as possible. So after a few tries, this is what I ended up with. You can see in the first picture how it looks, it still looks like a mudflap and the bottom splash guard is still there.

04.jpg

For the front, same thing. The plastic piece that I cut, is only used to hold the wheel liner in place. Again, online people just cut the whole thing is half, I just cut what needed to be cut. I used one original mounting area for the screw and then used a self tapping screw at the other mark.

I did this a process a few times that day. I would modify and then put the tire on. I would check around and see what's rubbing when its on the ground.

I also took it for a drive few times and make sure there were no rubs when turning or going over bumps when the suspension is compressed.

Also I used this Milwaukee Oscillating tool

1082685308_20220616_102248copy.thumb.jpg.b6d027126e81aa4ce089ed65d58306d3.jpg

Edited by GM90

32 minutes ago, Fla Eagle said:

Good stuff thanks!

Or you could just put on tires a half inch smaller (no visual difference) that actually fit and not have to hack up the truck and spend time trouble shooting. Granted you won't be able to say in a conversation (I have 35's) but you can always round up, seems much easier to me...

Tyler