New 2022 Sierra AT4 with 35" Tires (No Lift) and Borla Quad tip exhaust

2 hours ago, Amcguy1970 said:

Or you could just put on tires a half inch smaller (no visual difference) that actually fit and not have to hack up the truck and spend time trouble shooting. Granted you won't be able to say in a conversation (I have 35's) but you can always round up, seems much easier to me...

Tyler

you can't go much bigger than factory tires, if you don't want to make modifications. AT4 has 32inch tires and denali has 32.8 inch tires. anything bigger than 33 wont fit.

And there is an obvious visual difference between 33s and 35s. So if you want to fit half inch smaller tires (34.5inch) you're still going to need same amount of modification.

35 inch tires are usually all 34.5inch tires. However a 305/55R22 tire is actually 35.2inch tall.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, l0s3r421 said:

On 9/9/2022 at 11:59 AM, GM90 said:

11 hours ago, Amcguy1970 said:

Or you could just put on tires a half inch smaller (no visual difference) that actually fit and not have to hack up the truck and spend time trouble shooting. Granted you won't be able to say in a conversation (I have 35's) but you can always round up, seems much easier to me...

Tyler

Not sure why you assume I want to say I have 35's in conversation? That would be like me assuming you leased your truck so you don't want to do any modifications. When in reality I just want the biggest tire that will fit without a lift and to me, 35's give it enough sidewall with the bigger wheels. Visually yes I can tell the half inch or so difference between the oem MT and AT tires.

Picked up another set of wheels and 35in tires for the winter.

These are Nitto Exo Grappler AWT that are Studded. Size: LT35X11.50X20

Although, the actual height is 34.5in as per Nitto's website, just like almost every other manufacturer who offers 35" tires.

The wheels are 20" GMC Wheels. I wanted to go with 22in wheels again but there aren't that many options for 35in tires in 22in wheel size that are good in winter. Plus the extra sidewall is good for protection in the winter.

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

W3.jpg

W4.jpg

• 1 month later...

Met a guy at the dealership today, who was buying a similar truck as mine. He looked at my set up and wanted to replicate it on his AT4.

He priced out everything at the dealer and seems the costs have gone up. He got a quote that was almost $1000 higher than what I spent for the exact same parts.

On 9/9/2022 at 10:28 AM, GM90 said:

Difference between the stock tires and 35" tires.

Stock: 276 65R18 (32.1" tall and 10.8" wide)

Vs

GM 22": 305 55R22 (35.2" tall and 12" wide)

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

how is the noise with those tires are thy louder than the stock one ? my stock tires are loud, kind of annoying 

• 2 weeks later...

@GM90 I was about to pull the trigger on 285/65/20 Mickey Thompson's on stock carbon pro wheels until I re-read your post. The diameter is approximately 34.6" and the width is 11.22", do you think these will rub on stock AT4 suspension? I'm like you, looking to fill the wheel well. Your truck looks great! 

14 hours ago, Dobes11 said:

@GM90 I was about to pull the trigger on 285/65/20 Mickey Thompson's on stock carbon pro wheels until I re-read your post. The diameter is approximately 34.6" and the width is 11.22", do you think these will rub on stock AT4 suspension? I'm like you, looking to fill the wheel well. Your truck looks great! 

You won't have any issues with that size and stock suspension. I ended up going with nitto in the same size and they are slightly taller and wider then yours and I have no rubbing anywhere.

I originally wanted an overall size similar to the op 295/65-20 same height but slightly narrower. I got concerned if I decided to go with a level kit as the new control arms can limit tire size. The 285's on mine are very close to the stock control arm so I'm not sure the 295's would've even worked with the stock suspension without a wheel spacer. I'm thinking it may be because the op has 22" wheels.

1 hour ago, Fla Eagle said:

You won't have any issues with that size and stock suspension. I ended up going with nitto in the same size and they are slightly taller and wider then yours and I have no rubbing anywhere.

I originally wanted an overall size similar to the op 295/65-20 same height but slightly narrower. I got concerned if I decided to go with a level kit as the new control arms can limit tire size. The 285's on mine are very close to the stock control arm so I'm not sure the 295's would've even worked with the stock suspension without a wheel spacer. I'm thinking it may be because the op has 22" wheels.

That's great news, thank you for confirming. Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see your set up. 

On 6/17/2022 at 7:11 AM, GM90 said:

I originally wanted the Denali Ultimate, but it wasn't available to order. Then I Ordered an AT4X, but it was going to take 4-5 months to build and deliver, but no guarantee. So I changed my order to a fully loaded AT4 that was dealer ordered with the engine and color I wanted. So I was able to get it in a month. I was planning on changing the rear bumper on the AT4X to the one from AT4, so I could have exhaust with quad tips. I realized that I didn't really need the AT4X  because the main difference is the lockers and suspension, as I wouldn't take it rock crawling or serious off-roading for the departure angles to matter. 

Engine - 6.2l (Read somewhere that GM has stopped the production of the 6.2L V8 Engines until next year or possibly longer. Lucky to have mine, just before the announcement) 

TIRES - 305/55R22 (35.2inch tall by 12 inch wide)- Nitto Recon Grappler Tires

WHEELS - GMC 22 Inch Aluminum 5-Split-Spoke Wheel - Part# 84799395

EXHAUST - BORLA S-Type with Quad Exhaust tips - Part# 140774BC

My next upgrade is adding the GMC kicker subwoofer to the truck.

Truck exhaust sounds really good! So glad I went with that exhaust. No drone, Quad tips look better than the HDMI exhaust tips.

Wheel and tires are actually smidge taller than 35inch. Toyo Open Country 35X12.5X22 are actually 34.5 inch tall, they have an easier time fitting than these Nitto Recon Grapplers. 

The weight of the Stock 275/65R18 tires and wheels was 80lbs.

The weight of the new 305/55R22 tires with 22inch GMC wheels are about 106lbs.

Difference of 27lbs extra per wheel. Which isn't as bad as I thought it would be.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Let me know, if the pictures don't show up.

That is one bad-azz looking truck!!

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2022 at 9:28 AM, GM90 said:

Difference between the stock tires and 35" tires.

Stock: 276 65R18 (32.1" tall and 10.8" wide)

Vs

GM 22": 305 55R22 (35.2" tall and 12" wide)

2.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

Nice comparison, those 35's make the stock look like bicycle tires.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2022 at 9:54 AM, Dobes11 said:

That's great news, thank you for confirming. Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see your set up. 

No level, 285/75-20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Like I said I really wanted the 295/65-20 but I'm undecided on a level. Most of the time I'm happy with it stock and it still rides pretty good, but there are times where I wish I had a level cause it looks good.PXL_20221107_221129671.thumb.jpg.948df44b5fa7176fbffac8e00c90f7ad.jpg

2 minutes ago, Fla Eagle said:

No level, 285/75-20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Like I said I really wanted the 295/65-20 but I'm undecided on a level. Most of the time I'm happy with it stock and it still rides pretty good, but there are times where I wish I had a level cause it looks good.PXL_20221107_221129671.thumb.jpg.948df44b5fa7176fbffac8e00c90f7ad.jpg

Looks great! Thank you for your help!