New 2022 Sierra AT4 with 35" Tires (No Lift) and Borla Quad tip exhaust

On 11/16/2022 at 12:04 AM, Dobes11 said:

Put the 285/65/20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss's on today. Had some minor rubbing so ended up doing some very minor trimming in the front and removing the mud flap bracket in the back. Now, no rubbing at all. 

9E0FE991-37C2-4515-AB1E-06A4FEAA7ABB.jpeg

363DCC6C-E8BA-4929-9FBC-AB68260F73D5.jpeg

FC1B8119-B4D2-441A-B865-7CCE4DCB2D2F.jpeg

On 11/16/2022 at 12:04 AM, Dobes11 said:

Put the 285/65/20 Mickey Thompson Baja Boss's on today. Had some minor rubbing so ended up doing some very minor trimming in the front and removing the mud flap bracket in the back. Now, no rubbing at all. 

9E0FE991-37C2-4515-AB1E-06A4FEAA7ABB.jpeg

363DCC6C-E8BA-4929-9FBC-AB68260F73D5.jpeg

FC1B8119-B4D2-441A-B865-7CCE4DCB2D2F.jpeg

Dang, I'm surprised those rubbed slightly. My ridge grappler dimensions are the same width and slightly taller then the Mickey's. Maybe the refresh sierra is slightly bigger? They look good on your truck. How do you like them? 

3 hours ago, Fla Eagle said:

Dang, I'm surprised those rubbed slightly. My ridge grappler dimensions are the same width and slightly taller then the Mickey's. Maybe the refresh sierra is slightly bigger? They look good on your truck. How do you like them? 

Thanks! So far I really like them, seem to be quieter than the duratracs. The rubbing was only at full lock when stationary but there was a little when compressed and turning at just the right angle. Removing the front rear mudflap bracket and reinstalling the mud flap and bolting it directly to one of the existing lower holes from the bracket was easy and provided the needed clearance. Ordered the mud flap delete kit as well, but mainly for the capped look. 

919DD137-CC4C-4C1F-AD51-19D4E9152C6A.jpeg

81CD876F-FE71-42AC-AA58-18552A2BA4E0.jpeg

512781F0-C88F-46E9-A885-65FD75F09714.jpeg

1 hour ago, pnw_obrigade said:

Setup looks great!  Did you ever find a way to do the speedometer calibration for the newer 22+ refresh?  I seen that Pulsar might be coming out with their updated LT module at some point for this.

No I stopped looking into it when GM dealers told me that I might void my powertrain warranty because I have changed the wheel size or use a module for the speedo calibration.

I spoke to few dealers who said, GM has denied powertrain warrant claim for vehicles that had their tire size different from what OEM options are. Some say the speed calibration module leaves an imprint the vehicle ECU that tells GM that the vehicle was using the speedo calibration module.

I guess it depends on the dealership and the claim manager but I can see GM using any excuse necessary to weasel out of a claim, especially its gonna cost them a lot of money.

I will wait and see what options become available and if GM causes issues with them.

Off topic: is there a software similar to ForScan (for Ford) for GM vehicles? I have used ForScan to change a lot of options on my F150, like Bambi mode, that allows Highbeam and Fog lights to be on at the same time and increase the brightness of DRLs etc... lots of ECU modification with ForScan. I was hoping a similar product existed for GM.

7 hours ago, GM90 said:

No I stopped looking into it when GM dealers told me that I might void my powertrain warranty because I have changed the wheel size or use a module for the speedo calibration.

I spoke to few dealers who said, GM has denied powertrain warrant claim for vehicles that had their tire size different from what OEM options are. Some say the speed calibration module leaves an imprint the vehicle ECU that tells GM that the vehicle was using the speedo calibration module.

I guess it depends on the dealership and the claim manager but I can see GM using any excuse necessary to weasel out of a claim, especially its gonna cost them a lot of money.

I will wait and see what options become available and if GM causes issues with them.

Off topic: is there a software similar to ForScan (for Ford) for GM vehicles? I have used ForScan to change a lot of options on my F150, like Bambi mode, that allows Highbeam and Fog lights to be on at the same time and increase the brightness of DRLs etc... lots of ECU modification with ForScan. I was hoping a similar product existed for GM.

ford dealers are so much cooler than gm, my local ford offers big tire package and leveling kit right there in the show room floor, they install them level your truck and recalibrate the ECU all covered under the factory warrantee .I was shocked when I call my gm dealer and I was told if I mess with my truck they will stop my warrantee . I cant even level MY TRUCK  , I hate to say it but GM suck about this.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2022 at 4:13 AM, Big_Kahuna said:

ford dealers are so much cooler than gm, my local ford offers big tire package and leveling kit right there in the show room floor, they install them level your truck and recalibrate the ECU all covered under the factory warrantee .I was shocked when I call my gm dealer and I was told if I mess with my truck they will stop my warrantee . I cant even level MY TRUCK  , I hate to say it but GM suck about this.

That's why GM is number 2 to Ford. I'm not loyal to any brand, but warranty work on my F150 was always a breeze. In fact I remember one time I was over the basic warranty by 5000km and needed the ECU replaced. ECU is free under warranty and $800 out of warranty. So, even though I was over the warranty mileage by 5000km, Ford dealer still replaced the ECU free of charge.

I took my 1500 in today for some warranty work and didn't even get a loaner, which is usually covered in the warranty.