In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

4x4 transmission.. 1990 into 1993?

I just bought a 1 owner 1993 Sierra extended 4x4... Blown tranny.. And I have a 1990 4x4 tranny from a 2 owner truck I had. 94K miles.. Friend bought the truck from me. Got mildly T boned a month later.. Still owed me most of the money. So I got back the engine & tranny. Been sitting on a skid under a tarp for 5/6 years.. I know it's the same trans.. But will I have an issue with the internal sensors, that could cause a shift issue if I put it in the 1993 ? Or am I hoping.. Just good to go ? Easier changing anything now.. Before I get it on the hoist.. Thanks in advance..

It might not work.

In 1993 is when they came out with the 4L60e transmission in the trucks.

The TH700R4 was from 1988-1992 but was renamed the 4L60 (without the E). The RPO codes are different too. Code MD8 is the 60 and M30 is the 60e. The 4L60e is electronically controlled and the "700R4" is not fully electronic.

Possible that you could swap over parts into the other transmission to make it function with the computer.