HD MY2023 - New Orders / Status

On 8/1/2022 at 7:54 PM, SKEETER1978 said:

I ordered a 2022 gmc 2500hd at4 gas in feb 2022 and now finally order has been accepted and my target production week is 7/25..(not sure if they started building  yet)...But im pissed about getting a 2023 because my dealer said they don't think i will qualify for the price protection anymore and thats like a 4k increase from when i ordered and they are also shoving a 3 yr onstar package for $1500 on the 2023s...I'm sure mine was slowed by dealer allocation but this was the only dealer that would except my family discount. 

I got an email yesterday about my AT4 order, will be here end of September/early October. Price increase was the first thing I asked about, but dealer claims I am price protected due to me trading my previous truck back in February and I do have a signed sales contract(I even have a copy of this contract). The salesman said the only thing they cannot guarantee is interest rate as that is set by bank if Canada, but as a dealership they will do their best to make the end of term cost of the truck the same as what i signed for. Keep in mind Im only needing to finance this truck for about 16 months, so this would be a minimal price adjustment for them. 

21 hours ago, Chadw90 said:

I got an email yesterday about my AT4 order, will be here end of September/early October. Price increase was the first thing I asked about, but dealer claims I am price protected due to me trading my previous truck back in February and I do have a signed sales contract(I even have a copy of this contract). The salesman said the only thing they cannot guarantee is interest rate as that is set by bank if Canada, but as a dealership they will do their best to make the end of term cost of the truck the same as what i signed for. Keep in mind Im only needing to finance this truck for about 16 months, so this would be a minimal price adjustment for them. 

See I wonder how that will pan out.  Believe most trucks just went up around 2500 bucks for yearly hike and then the onstar bit being added for another 1500.  Have a feeling people will be paying for onstar

16 minutes ago, nards444 said:

See I wonder how that will pan out.  Believe most trucks just went up around 2500 bucks for yearly hike and then the onstar bit being added for another 1500.  Have a feeling people will be paying for onstar

Due to the approx. $4k increase And my order still not being accepted I started  calling on any remaining ‘22s I thought I might be happy with. As expected every single one was already sold. But one nice saleswoman called me back to let me know they had just received one in that the guy who ordered it had to back out of. 9 hours round trip driving later, and I’ve got it home. My order was for a gasser AT4 crew in forest metallic. Ended up buying a white SLT w/ premium and X31 packages. Had a long drive to get familiar with it. Initial impression is very impressed with new 6.6. Coming from a 6.2L in a 1500. Have owned multiple 6.0s and Duramax’s in past. Impressed with overall quality as well, except for some light bedliner overspray on the new paint just below bedrails 

3 minutes ago, djriv11 said:

Due to the approx. $4k increase And my order still not being accepted I started  calling on any remaining ‘22s I thought I might be happy with. As expected every single one was already sold. But one nice saleswoman called me back to let me know they had just received one in that the guy who ordered it had to back out of. 9 hours round trip driving later, and I’ve got it home. My order was for a gasser AT4 crew in forest metallic. Ended up buying a white SLT w/ premium and X31 packages. Had a long drive to get familiar with it. Initial impression is very impressed with new 6.6. Coming from a 6.2L in a 1500. Have owned multiple 6.0s and Duramax’s in past. Impressed with overall quality as well, except for some light bedliner overspray on the new paint just below bedrails 

They are out there if you call and want to drive.  Had an order in for 7 months with my local, called around and fell into exactly what I wanted shy of wheel option 3 hours away.  Start to finish waited three weeks

I will add anyone else with similar concerns about the price hike and forced onstar subscription - this particular dealer told me the only MY2022 2500s they had left in the pipeline to receive were the Pro trims (work trucks). Guessing similar for most dealerships. So, if you want to jump on one before getting hit with $4k extra for the same truck, start making calls now and be ready to move quick. Multiple dealers also told me they wouldn’t even take deposits to hold trucks once they were on the lot. 

6 minutes ago, nards444 said:

They are out there if you call and want to drive.  Had an order in for 7 months with my local, called around and fell into exactly what I wanted shy of wheel option 3 hours away.  Start to finish waited three weeks

Yep agreed. But quickly diminishing and further drives required lol

2 hours ago, SKEETER1978 said:

found out this morning my truck has been built and is awaiting shipment

Good luck!

My '22 Silverado LTZ dually was built in February and still awaiting shipment.

Edited by Brummie99
typo

I ordered a Sierra 1500 SLT In early April which was completed early June. Apparently still in Mexico waiting to be shipped. Not sure about a business model that has dollars going out for materials and wages, then sitting for two months, without delivery and completing the deal. Perhaps the wave of the future, the great reset?