New brake pads detected

My wife’s 19 trail boss custom just gave her a message that new brake pads were detected, she thinks it’s cool that she has “self rejuvenating” brakes, however I’m concerned there maybe another issue(Caliper starting to hang up?) anyone run into this before?

Wait a minute! These trucks are so full of electronics it’s going to notice new brakes? Like the owner wouldn’t know? Well then. How about something useful like? Like hey dude! Your hanging too long in the left lane get the…. over. Your impending traffic. Next you’ll be getting tickets in the mail. Your truck will rat you out. Could be useful if you let your teenager use the truck. Get out of the back seat!!!! 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My 2019 Denali gave me this same message one time.  About 6 months later I got another message pop up in the DIC saying to replace the brake pads.  The day before my pad life indicators were showing 60% front and 78% rear.  When the replace brake pad warning popped up it was showing -- for front and -- for rear and the brake monitor system lit up red and showed it was disabled.  Took it in to have it checked out and the pads and rotors on all 4 corners were done.  They think the "New brake pads installed" message was when it wore through the pad life sensor.  Pads were almost at the backing plates.  As a side note my truck did not initially come with the brake monitor system update, but the history shows that it was done twice in 2021, and one other time but I can't recall that date.